blog background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quick update about Jason and Lent!

After just a couple of days, my dh is feeling better! It's been so busy the last few days that I haven't posted an update. He was in pain Saturday, Sunday and Monday but seemed to be back to normal mostly yesterday and today he's up and about cleaning the garage. Not sure if he passed the stone yet but it seems like it. They actually didn't give any pain medicine to come home with so he basically had to just suffer through. My tough man handled it pretty well!

Sunday I woke up really late and didn't make it to Mass:( I should have got my butt moving but I wasn't motivated at all, and that should have motivated me some!! So I didn't make it Mass at all on Sunday, I haven't made it once on Friday to Mass or the Stations of the Cross, I think I've prayed the Rosary 3 times since Ash Wednesday, I haven't been keeping up with my journals really either, and I think that I know why. To try and explain it isn't so complicated, the evil one is distracting me and I have been letting him. I have done pretty good with fast food(although I have had Taco Bell twice), I haven't bought pop at the store or at a restaurant but I did have a cup of pop at a baby shower 2 weeks ago and a can of pop this past Sunday along with 1 slice of pizza at a kid's birthday party(In the last 3 weeks I've been to 2 birthday parties for 2 different friend's 3 yr old daughters and a baby shower for another friend!!), but I did fore go cake and ice cream!

Not doing well but I know that and I am going to try smaller steps and "start over" so to speak. One day at a time and little things. I expect too much of myself and then I let myself down or get distracted. After all it's not about me, it's about Jesus and what he sacrificed for me! I need to look to Him and find out what He wants me to sacrifice.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Maybe you should try giving up just one thing and doing just one extra thing. Maybe just trying to make it to Mass. If that's something you struggle with, then that's a start. I always feel like I say I'm doing less than everyone else, but at this point in my faith journey I can't do a lot - I'm getting there. =) *hugs* Your doing great!