blog background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook - October 4, 2011

 

FOR TODAY Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Outside my window... it's still very dark, I'm up early getting the boys up and ready for school this morning :)

I am thinking... about picture day tomorrow and how I can't believe school has been in session a whole month already!!

I am thankful... for my thoughtful husband who didn't judge me last night, but instead caved to my McDonald's craving and went and got me food at 9pm (after we had pancakes for dinner ~ that the kids loved, by the way!!)

From the learning rooms... the boys attend a public charter school BUT I think it's still ok to add what they are doing :) E is having a better time sitting still and focusing since we bought his "bumpy" seat to use and 5th grade is going pretty good. He seems to be liking it so far. He is choosing a book for his first book report/project. A is adjusting well to the change in grade and is loving 2nd grade. He is going to be doing enrichment for math since he's having a little bit of trouble with some of the addition/subtraction facts but they are trying to push the kids a little harder. Since he's up a grade, that's too be expected though. We just started working on his human/natural characteristics diorama for social studies.

In the kitchen... Cereal for breakfast cause momma has to take a quick shower this morning :) and thinking either homemade pizza OR shepherd's pie for dinner...

I am wearing... pajamas still ;)

I am creating... a plan to run away to China. Not really, but it sounded good, LOL. Still supposed to be working on that darn blanket, haven't been in the mood much. Of course, I'm still making that other little human too. That's definitely taxing my, well, everything, energy, mood...

I am going... to the school to drop off my boys and store for dog food.

I am wondering... if I can make it through the day without a nap. And actually accomplish something around here. My poor hubby has been so sweet, not complaining about my lack of housework the last few days. The worst thing is that I'm only at 6 1/2 months, what's in going to be like in a few more weeks when I can hardly bend over, etc?! LOL. I know I'm just in a rut though. Gotta get moving and doing stuff. That will help.

I am reading...
3 different books ~ The NDD book: how nutrition deficit disorder affects your child's learning, behavior, and health, and what you can do about it - without drugs by William Sears, MD; Organic Manifesto by Maria Rodale; and Natural Hospital Birth. I also have 2 more books waiting for me at the library!! Uh oh!

I am hoping... to be in a better mood today...

I am looking forward to... Christmas shopping with my mom next Monday. She's driving up our way with some work friends and mentioned it to me, so I suggested meeting up and she loved the idea! It will be nice to spend a full day with just us, no munchkins or men (dad or Jas, LOL) around.

I am hearing... the boys' noisily eating cereal. Grr, wish they would remember to chew with their mouths closed and not slurp!!! I am so sick of constantly reminding them, it's wearing me out...

Around the house... too much. Laundry to wash and fold like always, general cleaning, some organizing to do. Need to get a dresser for the baby's clothes so I can start washing and folding them.

I am pondering... why I am so tired all the time.

One of my favorite things... hugs and kisses from my kiddos, especially when I'm not feeling well or in a mood, they can always make me smile and feel better.

A few plans for the rest of the week: picture day tomorrow for the boys which means haircuts tonight. Possibly lunch with the hubby. Not sure what else. No appointments this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I think the prompt for learning is for anyone and anything we're learning. My Honey Bear is studying the textbooks for his new course even though he doesn't start until the end of the month...besides, I enjoy reading about what the children are doing.
Happy for you to spend time with your Mom, alone. I used to spend Wednesdays with my Mom when she was here and healthy...now I spend a day a week with my Daughter but there were times when we could only manage once a month.
Stop beating yourself up about not having the energy to do stuff..it'll all be there to do and do again after you have finished this gestation....you are doing important work and need rest plus having the three little ones is tiring in and of itself.
Share your Shepherd Pie recipe sometime. I've never made one.
Have a super day,
Mama Bear

Denise :) said...

Haha! I always have a pile of books I'm in the middle of, too. It got worse when I switched to my Kindle. Or should I say, it got easier to be in the middle of so many! :) It sounds like, with two active boys and a baby on the way, you've got good reason to be tired! I hope this is a happy month for you. China's a little too far to dig for. LOL! :)