blog background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

To-do list

I am so tired this morning! I thought I'd just write a little something and then go take a short nap.
It's a busy couple of days ahead for us. Today I need to do our weekly budget. I've been doing it on Fridays for so long and trying to squeeze that, bill-paying, menu-planning, grocery list making, coupon organizing AND grocery shopping all into one day and it's been so stressful! It finally hit me last week that Jason's paycheck is generally the same every week - now that he is salary it is always the same :), so if I know how much money we have to work with, I can do the budget part on Thursdays and pay the bills first thing Friday morning. Also I can start menu-planning today and therefore start the grocery list and finish it with last minute stuff tomorrow morning. Then I have most of the day to hit all/any of the stores I need to for the week's shopping. A bit better of a flow and less stressful.

So here's the plan for the next few days!

Thursday (today):
  1. Go over receipts from the week and deduct from our weekly envelopes (I use a modified Dave Ramsey budget plan where I literally fill out envelopes for each category so I can track how much each month/week we have set aside for bills or other expenses and each week I fill out the weekly budget plan on the list of bills so I know we have enough or where to send $ too and then I write those amounts on the individual envelopes and add to the existing balances. Very easy for me to keep track and has kept me from forgetting to pay or not having quite enough set aside for the month)
  2. Do this/next week's budget.
  3. Start menu-planning for the week (need breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack ideas)
  4. Start grocery and shopping list(s)
  5. Check some ads and cross-reference to available coupons for needed items
  6. Sweep kitchen, full bath, half bath/hallway floors
  7. Vacuum living, dining & family rooms and hallway carpet
Friday:
  1. Pay bills
  2. Finish menu and grocery lists if needed
  3. Do laundry for next week since we will be out of town (boys' school uniforms and Jason's work clothes minimum)
  4. Grocery shopping
  5. Make first and second batches of Chex mix for reunion
  6. Pack for trip
Saturday:
  1. Boys first Religious Education class for the year from 9-11 at church
  2. Make 3rd/4th batches of Chex mix if needed
  3. Pack last minute items (toiletries, etc) for overnight trip
  4. Drive to Ohio in the afternoon
Sunday:
  1. Hopefully, 8am Mass at the in-laws parish (we shall see!)
  2. Reunion 11am-?
  3. Leave no later than 4pm for our 2hr drive so we can have dinner, showers and early bedtime for school Monday!!!
Monday:
  1. Laundry
  2. Catch up on some cleaning

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Busy indeed! Good luck with getting it all done. :)
Have a safe drive to Ohio & have fun!