blog background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 9-26-11


Seriously not in the mood to cook much this week, but it's inevitable. I have to feed my family and can't get take-out every (or any!) night so therefore, I must cook! Or force my poor hubby to come home after 10+ hours at work and cook dinner...hmm - nah, can't do that. :-)
I think it's just the rain getting to me. That and a loooong weekend. Religious education from 9-11 for the kids Saturday, followed by packing the car, driving to 1 1/2 hrs to the in-laws. Dinner, bedtime for the boys after playing outside, then to a friend's house with the hubby and brother-in-law till after 1am, only to be woken by my 6yr old banging on his baby cousin's toys at 6:30 am. Then we headed to the park around 11am for the reunion, staying till 3 (chasing my 2 boys around and helping keep an eye on the 2 yr old niece, who adores me now by the way - woohoo!!), and then back to the in-laws to pack up the dog and our bags and the baby stuff my MIL bought (!!) and a drive back to our house with 2 tired, whiny kiddos. Then dinner, showers and bed. I fell asleep before 9 last night. And then I woke up around two with a huge knot/muscle cramp in my left calf. It still hurts! UGH! As does my left upper back/shoulder! Geez! Not to mention, I swear I had a contraction Saturday night. Just one, but it hurt. So I don't think it was a Braxton Hicks. Oh well, no more since then, so I'm not worried. I go to the OB on Friday for my 1hr glucose test, so I may mention it then. 

Well I guess I should post my menu since that is what this was supposed to be about ;-) Without further ado:
  1. Salmon patties, french fries, baby carrots
  2. Apple & sage pork chops, rice, squash
  3. Spaghetti & meatballs
  4. Roast chicken, red potatoes, green beans?
  5. Caribbean jerk steak (probably plain for the kiddos), baked potatoes, corn
  6. Leftovers
  7. Breakfast - sausage, scrambled eggs, pancakes
I don't know which days I'm going to make which, except for breakfast. That will be Sunday most likely and the hubby can make it. He's better at scrambled eggs and pancakes than me anyway!!
I guess I should decide on tonight's dinner though so I can thaw some meat out if I need to...

More ideas can be found over here...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds delicious! We're doing pork w/ apples soon. Such a perfect fall meal.

I HATE the leg cramps w/ pregnancy. They say bananas and gatorade help...couldn't tell if it did for me or not, but walking seemed to.

I'll bet it was a Braxton Hicks. You notice them earlier and stronger after a few pregnancies. I had some this last pregnancy-early on, too-that had me using breathing techniques. And I'm no wimp. The joys of pregnancy, right?!