At least, my hubby is, anyway. The boys and I have to drive him down to Detroit in a couple of hours so he can get on a plane to Dallas/Ft. Worth. He has to go to the Branch Manager conference for the week and won't be back till Saturday.
This certainly isn't the first time he's traveled. Nor is it the longest or farthest (both of those happened at once when he went to Afghanistan in 2007 for 6 months, followed by Louisiana for another almost 5 months - although to be fair he did get a 2 week *I think* vacation from Afghanistan, a short interim between the 2 and I got to go visit for the weekend when he was in Louisiana, but still). He's been to California for a month on an aircraft carrier when our oldest son, E, was two and a half. He's been to Pennsylvania, NYC, Kentucky most recently. He even had to go to a school in North Carolina for 2 weeks when I was 7 months pregnant with our second son, Alex and we lived in Maryland far from family. I'm sure I'm forgetting other times/places he's been over the last 10 years too. So why is it so hard this time?
Well, yes I am almost 6 months pregnant but I was pregnant before when he's traveled.
I think the biggest thing is the date. It is the 10 year anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. I know that there is a highly unlikely chance anything will happen, but the worry is there in the back of my mind, just bugging me.
Another thing that's bugging me is how lonely I'm going to be this week. I know that sounds silly, maybe even selfish or petty. But the boys are both in school. My friends and our family are 2 hrs away so I can't just drive over for a quick visit during the day. Jason will be in meetings or whatever all day M-F so he can't call or text me or vice versa. I also have a hard time sleeping when he's not here in our bed.
I'm sure my hormones aren't helping any of this, but yeah. I just want to go wrap my arms around him and not let him go at all! He's going to busy and so will the boys, so time will go so fast for them. I think that it is going to go dreadfully S.L.O.W. for me though. And there will be lots of tears. And worrying.
I also don't want him to worry about me or to burden him with all this just a couple hours before he leaves. I mean, I've already told him I'm going to miss him and it will be hard not having him here, etc. but he doesn't need to be stressed out or worried, especially when he's not going to be able to help me feel better or less stressed/worried. That's just part of who I am.
Well, time to go. The boys are up, Jason is up making pancakes for his boys :) and I am going to enjoy some time with the 3 of them before we head out. Prayers for his safe travels, please?
No comments:
Post a Comment