blog background

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

News

If you aren't a friend of mine on Facebook, then you may not know.

My big news that I was so ready to share, is that we are expecting Baby #3!! My due date is January 6th, so I'm currently 19 weeks, 6 days.

My ultrasound is next Thursday and I'm getting pretty excited. I wasn't sure I wanted to know what we are having but now I'm too anxious to NOT know any longer!! Alex wants a baby sister and Ethan said brother or sister is fine with him. Of course the hubby (who is still on the fence about the whole unexpected pregnancy :/) is hoping for another son. I personally, honestly, 100% don't care either way! I thought I would. I mean, a daughter would be awesome. I wouldn't be the only girl, I'd have my little "princess", lol. But I love having sons, and I'm so used to being in a house filled with boys (even the dog is a boy!) that adding another would be a-ok with me. (Plus I would get to stay the only girl and get a little spoiled still :) that's always a plus, lol.)

One thing that has occurred to me though over the last several weeks is that I feel like we are complete. Sounds weird, huh? I mean, I always felt like we were missing something, somebody. I always wanted another child. Before, I wasn't sure that would ever change. But now, I feel like this baby really completes our family! I'm not saying that feeling won't change, but I've never really felt that before. It's almost a peace. Hard to explain. All I know is I am *this* close to halfway there and I don't want to rush it, but I SOOO want to meet our new little munchkin at the same time.

I'm honestly hoping for a late December delivery for a few reasons. Most are probably silly/stupid and selfish, but oh well. 1st is our darn health insurance deductible renews Jan. 1st and that means a difference of over $800 when it comes to the hospital bill. Also I'd like the boys to be on break still to make it a little easier those first few days for us, since we have to drive them back and forth to school. My mom is coming up for a week right after the baby is born, but if I can hold her off till the Jan. 2nd and she can take the boys back and forth those few days and Jas only HAS to take off 2-3 days while we are in the hospital (barring complications, of course). I know he is willing to take off more but either way, I think Christmas break would be the easiest/smoothest transition time, all at home, less hustle and bustle with school schedule, etc. (And of course the whole tax thing with a December baby vs. January baby, LOL).
Jason's birthday is Dec. 20th, Christmas is obviously Dec. 25, and our anniversary falls on the 28th, so it's already busy.

Christmas this year will be different. I think it may be the first time ever that we aren't driving to our parents' town to visit anywhere near that time, whether to spend Christmas Eve, Christmas or the few days prior or after with them. They will all just have to drive up and see us I suppose ;) Even though it's only 1 1/2 -2 hrs drive away, I'm terrified that I would either go into labor during the drive there or back OR at somebody's house and have to deliver away from my doctor, who I really trust and like. That really truly scares me. Plus she probably won't recommend it that close to my due date anyway.

As I type this, I'm feeling all those little kicks that happen just when you can really start feeling the baby move. I can't wait till I can put my hand on my belly and feel it and see it and show the boys and Jas and let them feel it. I know they will love it so much (the boys). They are excited to go to my ultrasound next week and see the baby for real, lol. Just wait till they can REALLY see him or her! and HOLD him or her!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

YAY!!! So happy for you. Miss you tons & can't wait to hear about your u/s!!!