blog background

Monday, August 22, 2011

I hate coming up with titles for my posts!

My hubby got a promotion at work last week. He's now "Interim Branch Manager" and will be "official" Branch Manager in a couple weeks after a bit of training. He works for a contractor that repairs helicopters for Customs & Border Protection and Dept. of Homeland Security. His new job means he is in charge of the Great Lake Region including the Detroit area where he actually works, but also Buffalo, NY and eventually the Chicago area when they add a small base of operations. It's a pretty big deal. Jas has to fly down to Dallas tomorrow to meet his "new" boss, and is a bit nervous. They are going to be negotiating pay and stuff and he will find out some info about our new benefits since they change when you go from hourly to salary. They are flying him out of Detroit at 6am and he'll be there about 8am local time, and flies back at about 3pm local time to get here around 8pm our time and home by about 9pm. Talk about a looooong day. He's going to take a small carry-on in case of extreme weather. It would suck to get stranded there and not have a change of clothes!

It's crazy how this year is full of changes for us! In 6 short months, I've turned 30, we found out we are expecting Baby #3, and Jason gets an awesome promotion (actually his second in the last year!) and our minivan is taking a dump! This job couldn't have come at a better time. Obviously it's better pay so with a new baby that will be nice and with the van having so many issues as of late, we are finally going to replace it with something a few years newer. Like I said before, God definitely has a plan for us that's different than ours and he knew this was coming when he placed this new little life in our "hands". I am very thankful.

On another note, I swear my kids can't be any louder!!!! They are driving me NUTS today! At least they are playing good together, but how do they not remember/realize that they are 2 feet away from each other and don't have to yell to talk to each other??? Oh well. School starts in 2 weeks and it will be bittersweet, like always. I will miss them being here all day and all their noise, but it will be kind of nice to have some quiet time for a few hours each day, even if it is for only a few more months. I just can't believe I have a 5th grader and a 1st grader! I hope they both do great this year and Alex doesn't get to bored. I almost think he could go straight to 2nd grade. That's one reason I wish we home-schooled, because I could adjust the curriculum so much easier for both of them. I mean, the school tries, they offer enrichment, etc but sometimes it just doesn't seem like it's enough. We'll see. I do love their school though and I know if they went to a traditional public vs their charter school, it would be way worse. E would most likely be in the AI (autistic impaired) classroom even though he does NOT need to be in there, nor would he be challenged or probably in 5th because of course "he can't handle that!" and Alex would not have any enrichment. So I'm grateful for their school everyday. Only thing I wish is that they offered bus service like a regular school. Driving them back and forth is going to get tougher with a newborn. But we will manage :)


No comments: