blog background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

another year older

I turned 30 a little over a month ago. So far this new year has been, well, not necessarily going according to "my plan". Not that I'm sad really about that, just a bit in shock :). Things happen for a reason, God has a plan and definitely a sense of humor even if His timing is not mine. I am definitely starting to realize that. I thought I would feel all old and wise when I turned 30, you know, a new decade, a new era, so to speak. LOL. YEAH, RIGHT! I feel more lost than ever in many ways but that's ok.

Alex is a little under the weather with a cough so I'm taking him in to the doctor this afternoon to make sure it's just a cold or allergies. I would hate for it to be strep or something worse since we are having so many people over on Sunday including 17-18(at least) kids/teens ranging from about 3 months to 18 years (including the most adorable little baby Cillian, Sharon's littlest one!). I don't want any of them getting sick if possible, not to mention all the people at Mass. Alex is good about covering his mouth most of the time, but better safe than sorry. I just wish he wasn't sick at all :( poor guy.

Jason is getting ready to apply for site manager at his job which is a big promotion. He would basically run the job site and oversee all the maintenance and report to the company and Customs/Border Patrol and Dept of Homeland Security. It's a great opportunity, mostly set hours, same as now I think, with some travel to seminars/classes/meetings a few times a year, and it's a nice pay raise. Definitely a plus right about now. We have been discussing moving again though on and off for awhile, somewhere warmer or with lots of land. I like our house but he finally told me he doesn't see himself living here the rest of his life. I told him that's fine. I will follow him wherever he goes and I will do my best to make the best of it. It's not always easy but we've been through a lot and made it through so no matter what we can now too! I just want to be with him and our kids. I love him so much and he loves me too. That is the ONLY thing that matters. So we'll see what pans out. I've been doing a lot of praying to be pointed in the right direction and right now, I'm just waiting...

No comments: