The good or the bad news? If I sound like I'm a bit whiny or complaining today, I apologize. I am a bit whiny AND complaining today. BUT I'm also quite happy. This is a strange feeling.
Good news:
We found a place to live, a manufactured home (re:double wide trailer). I had very low expectations as did Jason. I may sound petty or whatever, but I had a preconceived notion about trailers. This place is gorgeous. It's a newer home, less than 10 yrs old I think. We can rent it for $950/mo for 6 months with the dog. It's 2100 sq ft., has 4 beds, living and family rooms, dining area, awesome kitchen, 2 full baths (master bath has his and hers sinks, garden tub and stand up shower), comes with ALL appliances including washer and dryer! No neighbors behind us, just woods, quiet community. Tons of closet space, driveway, and storage shed. It's available right now. We have applied, put down a deposit, and are awaiting our background and credit checks. That takes 3-5 business days, after they have all our info. They need Jason's employment verification and pay stubs, and my ss card (copy) still. Worst case scenario we can move in end of next week, just before he leaves for PA.
Bad news:
They still need a copy of my ss card. Now normally this would be no biggie. Except we have packed 90% of our stuff and I can't find my card. I've looked 2 of the 3 places it would be. The third place accidentally got packed already and the box is in MI in storage! Jason can't get over there till morning to see if it's there or if it got lost. If it's lost I can apply for a replacement.
Good News: To get a replacement I go downtown and fill out a form that they mail in. All I need is a passport (don't have one) or a driver's license and birth certificate and will get a receipt showing I applied for a replacement and receive that in 3-indeterminate amount of weeks. The receipt may work until I get the replacement card.
Bad news:
I need my birth certificate. I LOST THAT TOO!!!! UGH. I know where Ethan's is. I know where Alex's is. I even know where Jason's is. I know where all of their ss cards are. I know where our marriage license is. But anything that is exclusively mine, and suddenly extremely vital to the near future, well, that I can't find anywhere!!!
Good news: I can also get that downtown, right away.
Bad news: another $20 out of my pocket.
Good news: I'll already be downtown tomorrow dealing with a stupid parking-on-my-own-grass-next-to-my-technically-not-allowed-gravel-driveway-because-we-didn't-live-here-before-2000-and-the-city-likes-to-screw-people-over-ticket. Yeah, $75 because my mom parked her brand new car on the grass 100+ ft from the street, next to my driveway by the fence to my backyard, for 6 hours. Never have I heard of this law even though my dh parks there all the time on the weekends. Supposedly they are worried about cars leaking oil. Yeah, OK. brand new car under warranty, registered to someone not living at this house or even in the same town. hmmm. oh well that's why I'm fighting it. Of course I had to pay $50 to appeal, which I will get back if I win, and won't if I lose and if I lose not only do I lose that money but I have to still pay the full ticket amount!! So glad we are moving...
Good news:
Buyer has accepted our offer to fix electric and take it off the amount we are paying at closing.
Bad news: still no set-in-stone closing date.
Bad news: our van is making me angry to put it nicely. It's acting really wacky. A few weeks ago, I drove to the grocery store and then the gas station no problem. After getting gas, the thing wouldn't start. F-I-L came and jumped it. Thought it was the battery. Went to Auto Zone next day and nope, battery and alternator tested great! Fast forward to yesterday morning. Same thing, gas station, pumped gas, tried to start it and nothing. Thank goodness I ran into an old friend and she helped me stay calm. My M-I-L called me back and said my F-I-L was on his way. Again he jump started in and it made it to MI and back with no issues, even after sitting last night when we were at the hotel.
When I was trying to start it at the gas station the gauges were acting wacky though, and there was a strange error message on the radio (instead of the dash message center). I hadn't even thought of it till now, but the button on the driver's door for the passenger window puts it down but not up, the back windows don't open, the auto slide door at random times doesn't open automatically, and the brake light is on - something to do with a sensor for the abs, and every so often the airbag light comes on for a week and then off for weeks at a time. My F-I-L mentioned yesterday that he thinks it's an electrical issue. I wonder if all those things are connected??
Good news: As of today at 3something, the van is still working. Let's hope it stays that way. We really don't need/can't afford another car payment, however small.
Good news: The house we found to rent is in the exact school district we want!!! YAY!
This is long enough for now. If you read this far, thanks for sticking with me through my whining... LOL
2 comments:
WOW!! Congrats on finding a home, and the buyer accepting the offer. I'll say a prayer that St. Anthony can help you find all you need.
Sounds like things are working out for you. :) Some bad news, but it will be over with soon. Hang in there! Get yourself an adult beverage tonight!
Yeah, my parents were telling me about that weird law with the car parking. So lame. Apparently they never started enforcing it until recently (trying to make more money since the tax revenue is down?). Seems like they should give you a warning since it's not widely known.
I really hope all the house stuff works out and that you find all your vital records!!
Post a Comment