We have been approved for the house we wanted to rent! We go tomorrow for orientation and a walk-through of the property. Electric and gas company are taken care of for the new place. We still have to contact Comcast and AT&T to decide on a cable, phone and internet plan. AT&T has a triple play type deal, but for tv, they use DirecTV - satellite - which we had for over a year in Maryland and hated it. Never had service if it rained or was cloudy, and just was all-around disappointing to us. On the other hand, Comcast seems to only have phone and internet available in our area, so we have to try to call them and find out what the deal is with that.
Jason leaves Sunday for Pennsylvania. We are staying at a hotel for a couple more days and I am soooooo bored! We drove up yesterday evening, and are staying till Thursday morning when we have to check out. Then we will take most of things we have (extra clothes, boxes from storage, etc) over to the new place. Jason will head to work and we head to our old house to pack the last of our stuff, and spend the night. Jason plans to head back right after work. The old house is almost set to go. Our things are 95% packed. Jason called Buckeye to cancel our phone, cable, and internet service there as of Friday. We are getting the electrical fixed, and paid for this week. On Friday, we are getting a power of attorney so I can sign for Jason at closing to sell that place. We are packing up the house Friday, spending the night and heading to the new place Saturday. Then we play the waiting game for a closing date. It has to be within 30 days of us moving out or our home owner's insurance tacks a fee on us for the house being vacant! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Not sure why, unless they are worried about higher risk of fire/flood/break-in/??? since nobody is there to take care of upkeep? but only if it's vacant 31 days or longer! Whatever! No big deal really.
What else is new with us?
Oh I know! Ethan loves Pokemon. Be it the cartoon, gameboy game, or now, the books. We found one at Meijer today and got it. He likes the idea of reading the book from right to left/back to front instead of left to right/front to back.
I got a new book that I'm pretty excited to start reading. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I haven't seen the movie, but I may after I read the book. I've been trying to read the book version of things before seeing the movie version. Otherwise, I feel like the book is spoiled. I know that sounds strange. Wouldn't it be the same for the movie then? you might ask. Well, not for me. If I read the book, then I have a certain expectation of the movie, or an idea of how I think it will be onscreen or how it is in my imagination. I can picture the whole book-world in my mind and really become part of it while I'm reading it. Then I see the movie, and it may be different or the same and it doesn't spoil the book. I don't know, that's not coming out how I mean, I think. Oh well. I know what I mean, LOL.
That's all for now.
1 comment:
Aw, you aren't really "here" any more! I guess I didn't realize that you're not in OH any more. :(
I wish I could come entertain you. You know I'd be driving up there if Aidan wasn't in school!
You'll have to update how the book is. I want to see that move so badly.
Glad things are working out, and I hope closing on the house is sooner than later.
Maybe we can grab lunch or something when you're here this weekend!
Post a Comment