blog background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

What's new

Let's see:

-Gave up fast food for Lent (trying to give up pizza too) have gone 8 1/2 days!!

-Got my hair cut quite short, last Saturday

-My husband's brother and his new wife, (my BIL and SIL) Jeff and Jen are expecting their first baby!! She is about 13-14 weeks along and we've known since she was about 8 weeks.

-Ethan has had a rough couple weeks the last 2-3 weeks, up through Tuesday. He's got a new one-on-one teacher and I think that may be why. Also he was sick about 3 weeks ago with a very bad ear infection and had to go through 2 different antibiotics to get rid of it. Yesterday was one of his best days yet.

-Ethan is learning multiplication, sentence parts(verbs and nouns) and in science he read about force and motion.

-Alex is learning to write letters and numbers.

-Jason is going to Texas for school in a little over a week, and will be gone for 20 days.

-I finished the third book in the Inheritance Cycle, Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to the fourth and final installment in the series and also any other books this young man writes in the future.

-The boys and I made it to Mass for the first time since October and they made me so proud with their behavior. They sat quietly, whispered if they wanted to say something, Ethan tried to follow along with the songs and they only fidgeted a bit, Alex more than Ethan. But there was no crying or screaming!

-March 21st, my sister-in-law Madison will be Confirmed at the Cathedral downtown. I am her sponsor. Jason won't be here so it will make it more difficult but I think it will be okay. The boys will sit with my in-laws and hopefully behave.

This weekend we are:

-going to Mass (the boys and I).

-having fish and fries for dinner tomorrow.

-getting together with my mom, dad, sisters, BIL, nephews and niece on either Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday lunch/afternoon. Should be lots of fun. It's great watching the kids play, since they range in age from 3-15(almost 16 as my nephew Christian would have me remember, LOL). It will be especially exciting this weekend as my sister Heather and nephew Jake are coming up from Columbus and her b/f might be coming up with his 2 kids too! We haven't met Jimmy or his kids yet and I'm interested to see who this guy is that my sister is "dating". They are taking it slow and live about 1 hour away from each other, but when she was sick in the hospital he drove up to see her that night, dropping everything for her! It seems he really cares for her, whether as a friend or more, and that's wonderful. She's had a rough time with relationships in the last 8-10 years, not to get into the nasty details. It would be good for her to have a guy that is not abusive, or a cheater, but someone who is kind and loving.

-Jason and I might go out tomorrow night on a date. I have to arrange a sitter though. I want to surprise him with a good time, cause when I asked him if he wanted to all he said was "What do you want to go do?" and "We'll see." quite glumly. It made me sad. So any ideas, for a fun and free or cheap date night? Just remember we live in Ohio and its only like 35 degrees during the day and around 15 at night so it has to be inside. And I would prefer something outside the house, cause we always spend the whole weekend in the house, or with the kids at a store. Not that its not ok, but I want it to be a change from our normal routine. I'm drawing a blank!

All right time for some pics of my hair:

Jan 2009-March 2009 080 Jan 2009-March 2009 086 Jan 2009-March 2009 082

It was down to about the middle of my back, just to give you an idea of how much I had cut off!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Your looks great!!! Wow! So different. Does it just feel great? Does Jason know you got it cut?
Cute dress, too.

Good job on the fast food Lenten sacrifice. We screwed up this week and ate some pizza. :( Darn it! It's one of our Lenten goals.

Btw, great minds think alike! lol I was fooling w/ my background when i read your post, to come and find we selected the same one! lol I was all like "yeah, and it goes w/ my blog since it's the "bird's" nest. SHeesh.
I changed it already. ;)

Rachel said...

Your hair is really cute!