Jason got me an awesome new camera for Christmas. Actually we got it the weekend we were in Cleveland, so I could pick out the exact one I wanted to get! We even got the bag, memory card and tripod to go with it, and the tripod works great with our video camera too. The camera I picked out is a Canon PowerShot SX10IS. It takes AWESOME pictures!! I will eventually share pics from Cleveland, Christmas Eve and since then. Just gotta figure out the whole memory card/computer thing, since the old one didn't seem to work right with just plugging the memory card in.
Then he surprised me Christmas morning with LOST season 4, a book based on the HEROES tv show, and an Ipod docking/speaker station!
We had a good time Christmas Eve day at my parents. For the first time in 9 years we were all together! My mom and dad, my sister Linda and her hubby, their 5 kids, my sister Heather and her 2 kids, Jason and I and the 2 boys. It was really nice. I got a cute fleece zipup sweatshirt and matching pants in pink and maroon, and a gift card to Torrid (a plus size store at the local mall, with REALLY cute clothes). As a family, we got a new Christmas ornament, Shrek, Shrek 2, Transporter 2 and some snacky stuff. Jason got 2 dozen golf balls and a Dick's gift card. The boys got Transformers, Indiana Jones, farm animals, Space Chimps and a Playstation game called Jeep Thrills.
We went to my inlaws where we stayed till well after Midnight and then headed home. Christmas morning was fun and hectic. The boys, Jason and I opened our gifts and of course, I had to get everything out of the boxes for the boys right away! At 10 we went back across the street and opened gifts. Jason got some clothes, a flashlight, and a new flexhead ratcheting wrench(?). The boys got more Indiana Jones, more Transformers, a Ninja Turtle, a Leapster game system, a hotwheels race track, a HUGE parking garage, a Cars the movie blocks set, Sorry, Trouble and Madagascar. I got 3 shirts, a turbie twist towel, a Borders gift card and another gift card to Torrid.
Friday I spent 5 hours with my mom and sister Heather at the mall shopping. I finally got myself some new clothes, and managed to leave the mall without buying anything for the boys! I found 8 new shirts (2 are tanktops for under the sweaters and other shirts), a pair of jeans, a cute little red plaid skirt, and a beautiful black halter-style dress with red flowers on it. I also picked out three new books at Borders, The Shack, The Kite Runner and Nights on Rodanthe. Even managed to find myself a new pair of tennis shoes since my old ones sole was coming apart from the main part of the shoe!
2 comments:
Happy new year! It sounds like you had a great christmas and anniversary! Enjoy your fun new things!
I just found your blog through Momma in FlipFlops I just started a catholic mom blog lease check it out. Where in OH are you I am central OH.
Post a Comment