blog background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Book Meme/Award

James over at Real Life Rosary Weblog tagged me a few days ago to do this and I'm finally getting it done!

The Rules:Pass this on to 5 blogging friends. Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56. Write the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

"All the lanterns were shuttered halfway so that a cool twilight suffused the air, lending an ethereal feel to the event. No one seemed to move or breathe: for a brief moment, Eragon fancied that they were all statues frozen for eternity. A single plume of incense drifted from the bier, winding toward the hazy ceiling as it spread the scent of cedar and juniper. It was the only motion the only motion in the hall, a whiplash line undulating sinuously from side to side.

Deep in Tronjheim, a drum gonged. Boom."

- Eldest by Christopher Paolini

I'm going to tag:

  1. Jen at The Pfaffl House
  2. Sharon at The Bird's Nest
  3. Rachel at Reading Rachel
  4. JennD at My Musing
  5. Andrea at Momma in FlipFlops

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Dang, I just now saw this!
I'll do it tomorrow. :) Thanks for the tag.