blog background

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our month in advance

Sharon asked what people are doing this month and for Christmas.

This Saturday we have a school Christmas party from 3-7.

The following weekend, Sat. Dec. 13, Jason's parents, and my parents are coming over here for dinner and a small birthday celebration for Jason (his b-day is the 20th). Sun. Dec. 14, we are heading over to my sister Linda's to celebrate my nephew Kyle's 11th b-day (Dec. 5) and my niece Kayla's 8th b-day (Dec. 2, today!).

December 19-21, Jason and I are going out of town without the boys. My mom and dad are keeping them overnight Friday and Saturday and Linda is keeping them a few hours on Sunday. We are heading somewhere about 2-3 hours away, and there is an event on Sunday we are doing. The weekend details are a surprise for Jason as his birthday gift, so I don't want to write too much. He knows we are going out of town, and that we have plans and a sitter, but no idea where or what we are doing.

Christmas Eve will be spent at my parents' house with my 2 sisters, my brother-in-law, Jason and I and all 9 of the grandkids.

Christmas morning we will open gifts at our house and then head across the street around 10am to visit and open presents again!

Ethan's last day of school before Christmas break is the 19th and he goes back Jan. 5th.

Ethan, Alex and I will hopefully be doing some crafts, and making homemade presents from them to grandparents and aunts and uncles in the coming weeks. Sharon mentioned the Winter Wonderland, and I loved that as a kid. My mom and I took the boys once or twice and we may venture out there again. There's also the lights before Christmas at the zoo which is usually awesome. Jason really wants to take the boys to that.

1 comment:

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

Crystal ~
Hi there!
I am tagging you for a "meme" that is going around now...you name six things that make you happy & then tag six others to do the same, if you want to take part.
You will find the rules @ my Catholic Blog.
Your Christmas sounds alot how mine used to be...but things have calmed down the past couple of years.
Now, I watch the kids do all that I used to have to do, lol.
I hope it all comes together in time for you to catch your breath and look up at the stars once or twice, just in time to see the snowflakes falling, bringing in the night...
love, J.