I receive a daily email from Women of Grace, called Daily Grace Lines. I've been receiving it for over a year, but lately (read:for several months:( ) haven't been reading it, just saving it to my computer to read later. Later never seems to come. But today I felt prompted to open it and really read it.
Let me back up a little here. Having come into the Catholic Church at 25, I had some preconceived notions about Mary and such things like the Rosary. I soon realized those were wrong and that I can talk to the Blessed Virgin like a mother and a friend and that she will pray for me to her son. The parish that I went through RCIA at and was baptized and confirmed in and Jason and I had our marriage blessed/convalidated in was named for her, Immaculate Heart of Mary. The parish we go to now is named for her, Our Lady of Lourdes. The school we are thinking of sending Ethan to (more on this at a later time!) is named for her, which for privacy will be kept unnamed, too identifiable. Yesterday, I went online and looked at this past Sunday's bulletin for our parish (we missed Mass again:( ) and noticed they are going to be praying the Rosary every evening in October, either at the shrine or inside the church. I felt intrigued, compelled to join. I've been contemplating over the last several months whether or not to make knotted rosaries for Rosary Army to help spread the devotion and also to help me pray. Then today I open that email and this is what I find:
GraceLines
The Rosary
Monthly Theme: The prayer of the Rosary is powerful and leads us into the heart of Jesus through the intercession of Mary Our Mother.
Monthly Grace: I pray for the grace to enter more deeply into the mysteries of the Rosary.
October 1
The Rosary
Queen of the Holy Rosary
Queen of the Holy Rosary!
Thee as our Queen we greet,
And lay our lowly, loving prayers
Like roses at thy feet.
Would that these blossoms of our souls
Were far more fair and sweet.Queen of the Joyful Mysteries!
Glad news God's envoy bore.
The Baptist's mother thou didst tend;
Angels thy Babe adore,
Whom with two doves thou ransomest;
Lost, He is found once more.Queen of the Dolorous Mysteries!
Christ 'mid the olives bled,
Scourged at the pillar, crowned with thorns,
Beneath His Cross He sped
Up the steep hill; and there once more
Thine arms embraced Him--dead!Queen of the Glorious Mysteries!
Christ from the tomb has flown,
Has mounted to the highest heaven
And sent His Spirit down
And soon He raises thee on high
To wear thy heavenly crown.Queen of the Holy Rosary!
We, too, have joys and woes.
May they, like thine, to triumph lead!
May labor earn repose,
And may life's sorrows and life's joys
In heavenly glory close.
Cyril RobertFor Reflection:
As I contemplate this poem, how have I seen the mysteries of Christ's life reflected in my own? How can this identification help me to pray the Rosary with greater recollection?
Just wanted to share.
1 comment:
Yes. . .The Blessed Mother seems to be one of those topics those going through RCIA have a hard time with. . .I love the way you say you can speak to her as mother, as friend. For She is that and more!
It's no small thing that these various parishes were named for Her. It's like God's way of showing us things in the little things. She is obviously accompanying you on your journey of faith.
I have a particular love and devotion for Her, particularly under the title of Our Lady of Guadalupe. In fact, I'm going to the Guadalupe Basilica in Mexico City in couple of weeks! I'll be sure to say a prayer for you and your family.
Post a Comment