blog background

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The week in review

Last Friday we had the rehearsal dinner for my BIL Jeff's wedding. It went well, the boys were kind of restless but not too bad. We also paid the first half off the money for our new furnace.

Saturday, I had to go for a sound check that didn't happen but I did get some practice in. Got my hair done at noon, went home and checked on Jason and the kids. Went back to the hall where the wedding and reception was, practiced a little more, helped with setup, and got dressed. At 3:30 all the wedding party was there. Played the following songs:

Prelude:

  • Sonatina, OP. 36, NO. 1         -        Clementi
  • Cantilena                 -        Buchtel
  • Minuet and Dance of the Blessed Spirits from "Orpheus"        -          Handel      
  • Rondeau                  -         Mouret         

For the Unity Candle Lighting:

  • Dona Nobis Pacem         -        Anonymous

Bridesmaids Processional:

  • Ode to Joy        -       Beethoven

Bride's Processional:

  • Bridal Chorus (Hochzeitsmarsch)     -    Wagner

Recessional:

  • Wedding March from "A Midsummer's Night's Dream"            -            Mendelssohn

The wedding was wonderful. Jenny looked absolutely beautiful! The boys behaved so good. I am so proud of both of them. We all had a good time at the reception. The boys were dancing and playing. Ethan kept running and sliding on the dance floor. My mom and dad came and picked them up at 9pm to spend the night over there, so Jason and I could spend some more time together and with everybody else. Jason was so hilarious, he was out there dancing and I was able to get some funny videos of him on my phone.

Sunday, I went and picked up the boys around 10 and we went to my in-laws for a bit. Jeff and Jenny were there opening their gifts and then they came over to our house to use the computer to plan their impromptu honeymoon. We just had a lazy day around here.

Monday, Ethan was on orange, just a rough day for him. I think it had to do with the long weekend, less sleep, etc.

Tuesday through Thursday, our new forced air furnace and ductwork was put in, so now we can take out the boiler, radiators and pipes.

Tuesday we went grocery shopping and also bought Peter Pan on DVD. The boys LOVE that movie!! Which is awesome cause it's one of my faves too!

Wednesday, Ethan had soccer practice and did ok. 3 more games and 1 more practice.

Thursday, Alex and I went to the bank to get the other half for the furnace and then to Walmart for new sweatshirts/jackets for the boys and some long-sleeved shirts for them. Also went to Lowe's and got some twine for all-twine knotted rosaries. Made my first rosary.

 august-december2008 027

Friday, cleaned the house from top to bottom (basically, LOL) and that's about it! Jason got home just in time for dinner (spaghetti and meatballs, YUM!).

This weekend will be busy. 2 games, one today at 1pm and one tomorrow at 3:15pm. Eating across the street at the in-laws tonight, taking country-style boneless pork ribs for Jason to grill. Ethan and I will be going to 9:30am Mass and Alex and Jason will most likely stay at home. I'm thinking of putting Alex in the Sunday school class that is during 9:30 Mass while Ethan and I go each week. Then next summer start trying again taking him to Mass. He gets so mad and mean when we are there, usually tired, defiant and it's so frustrating. We haven't even gone in 3 weeks and the last time we did go, we left early because he was being horrible!

I'm going to try and post the videos from the reception but I can't figure out how to turn them upright so they will be sideways. On to do that post now!