All right, stealing this one from Jen. I had to pick a book from my bookshelf since they were all closest to me, LOL.
Here's the rules:
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open the book to page 56.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
- Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
- Tag five other people to do the same.
So I picked a book my sister got me last year that I've been seriously meaning to read but haven't yet. It's called "Nobody Nowhere: The Extraordinary Autobiography of an Autistic".
"Most of the children who knew me refused suddenly to call me Lee (which was based on my middle name) and I refused cheekily to acknowledge them. Eventually I developed several nicknames, most of which I would answer to. As long as they did not insult me by calling a name I could not feel, I was happy to pay the price of answering to whatever name they thought up.
At home I would still spend hours in front of the mirror into my own eyes and whispering my name over and over, sometimes trying to call myself back, at other times becoming frightened at losing my sense of myself.
I was losing the ability to feel."
I'm tagging the following 5 people:
No comments:
Post a Comment