blog background

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Traveling again

Jason is going to Louisiana for a few days. Since he works for a company that is on a government contract, they are part of the hurricane relief effort. He is support staff and is being sent down with the helicopter. They are sending their UH-60, or Blackhawk and Jason is the Blackhawk mech meaning he's the one with the training and experience on this particular bird. (hehe, I just realized I am so the wife of helicopter mechanic! I'm using the "lingo" he uses, LOL) He called me at lunch time to let me know they are flying out on a commercial flight from Detroit in a few hours and he'll be back (hopefully) sometime Friday afternoon/evening. The kind of funny part (or maybe I'm a little mean...) is that he's gotta sleep on a cot in the hangar!! They aren't getting them hotel reservations at all. Another kind of ironic thing is, he'll be in Hammond, LA, directly across the street from his old employer, Hummingbird Aviation, the one he left back in February. Anyway, I'm not keeping my hopes up to see him on Friday, but I know he's going down there for his job and to help others so yeah... any prayers for his safe travels and of course for all those affected by Hurricane Gustav are appreciated!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh wow! Prayers for sure.