blog background

Friday, August 29, 2008

Our Week in Review

*Scroll down to see my other post from today, its our menu plan!*

Since Sharon shared her good and not so good from the week and her plans for the weekend, I feel inspired!

Here's my weekly recap:

The Good:

  • Met with Ethan's teacher and came up with a plan
  • Mostly followed our menu for the week
  • My in laws invited us over for dinner 2 days in a row and I didn't have to cook (BLT's and Pizza, yummy!)
  • Ethan started school and likes it
  • Alex and I have been having some fun one on one time
  • The house is somewhat clean
  • Ethan is registered for soccer
  • I read most of a really good book
  • The book we are reading at bedtime, The Mouse and The Motorcycle, has really peaked both boys' interests
  • Found Ethan some shin guards and a soccer ball he likes
  • Wrote up next weeks menu plan (see next post!)
  • Already went grocery shopping too!

The Not Good (I was going to say bad, but not really bad either)

  • I'm very behind on laundry (mostly folding and putting away)
  • I had to meet with Ethan's teacher 2 days into the year
  • Ethan started school and we miss having him around all the time
  • I haven't used the Wii Fit all week and probably don't want to see the scale anyway
  • I only practiced my flute twice, for a half hour each time and time is ticking away for the wedding
  • Our schedule still isn't quite where it should be yet, the boys need to be in bed at 8 with story over by 8:30 but its been closer to 8:30/9 respectively. And then they are up at 7 to get Ethan off to school. Plus I need to go to bed before 11 or midnight so I can get up before them
  • I forgot to call my brother-in-law on his birthday

This weekend

  • Spend time with Jason (3 day weekend, YAY!)
  • Celebrate B-I-L Jeff's birthday on Sunday at my in laws house
  • Have my parents over for dinner tomorrow night maybe
  • Clean the house some more
  • Buy a new vacuum since ours took a dump, officially, LOL, Jason tried to fix it but to no avail. Pretty sure the glass was a bad idea...
  • Get Ethan's yellow soccer socks, blue shorts and blue sweat pants
  • Go to Mass
  • Maybe go to a car show on Labor Day at my Grandma's church (She's Seventh-day Adventist so that may be "fun", she hates the fact that I converted to Catholicism but usually doesn't bring it up, but at her church it may be different/more difficult)
  • Finish my book
  • Take the boys to the park/playground
  • Ban myself from the computer starting this afternoon till Tuesday morning!! (this will be hard, since I'm constantly checking my email!)

What are you doing this holiday weekend?

1 comment:

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

I'm having a hard time keeping up on posts from my blogroll!

I'm so motivated by you guys doing the menu plan, I'm so bad. Yesterday I told Kurt - I cooked yesterday, do I have to do it today. I hate it.

I can't believe school is back in, your little guy looks so grown up, I hope everything stays on the right track.

Have fun with the hubby, I don't know how you girls do it that don't see your man that often. I freak out when he isn't home by 4:15 seriously.

Thanks for posting my button. *HUGS* It means SO much to me.

PS. I have a great giveaway for an adorable hat.. great for either of your guys.