Here's my little soccer player! This was taken Wednesday after practice.
Ethan had a good time, learned a few things and wandered around a bit. The coach is so nice, and awesome with the kids. He wants them to just go out there and have fun, no pressure at all. Plus he's very understanding and able to redirect when the kids get distracted or wander away. He let Ethan walk around if he wanted too or if he was distracted and then when it was his turn he'd get him to go in line and kick the ball or whatever. Ethan did stay in line some of the time though, too. Afterwards, he told me he had lots of fun. All the other kids are in his class which is neat. The only problem is only 5 kids showed up, including Ethan, so the coach is hoping they can get at least one more player!
Their first game is sometime this weekend! The coach is supposed to be sending the schedule home along with any forms with the kids today, because his computer crashed with all the info in it on Tuesday.
I just can't believe they only had one practice and they will have a game already!
Oh and a silly question for those of you whose kids or husbands who play soccer... I've seen this both ways, so just wondering what the correct way is. Are the shin guards supposed to go under or over the socks? or does that not really matter?
5 comments:
Under the socks because the socks are supposed to help keep them in place, but it really doesn't matter.
He looks GREAT!!! :)
So grown up, Crystal. Why do they keep doing that? lol
He looks like the coolest soccer player we know. ;)
Good Luck with the 1st game!
Thanks Pat! I thought it kinda looked wrong when I looked at the pic afterwards.
Sharon- I know, I wish sometimes I could freeze time and just hold them. I really regret not cherishing the moment enough, ya know? kept wanting them to get older, bigger, whatever and now I really miss the babies they were. at least I have lots of good memories though!
Leave it to crystal to make the kid look like a Goober!! HA HA. Im talking to u on the cell phone wjile I'ze readin this.
Love, Jason
WOAH--He looks so OLD!! Its weird how the kids of my blogger friends grow up right before my eyes! Jeez! Anyways, let us know how the game goes! Landon cannot WAIT to start soccer next year--He'll be so amazed by this picture! :o)
Post a Comment