blog background

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ethan

I've decided to try something new with Ethan. It can't hurt either way and hopefully it will help him.

Both boys already take Li'l Critter's Gummy Vites vitamins.

                          indy_gv

But they don't have calcium or magnesium in them. I read somewhere that magnesium can really help kids that have high anxiety, add/adhd, and autism spectrum to relax and/or calm down some. For magnesium to work properly it has to be taken with calcium in the right percentages. Well it's very hard to get Ethan to drink milk or eat cheese (he used to love yogurt but thats been difficult lately too), even if I add chocolate or strawberry syrup to his milk! Yesterday we went to the natural foods store to buy brownies for my nephew Christian's birthday and I decided to look for a calcium/magnesium supplement for kids.

Nature's Plus has a whole kids line and I picked up two different supplements for Ethan ). He will be taking 2 of each of the following: Gummy Vites, calcium chewables, and Omega 3/6/9 softgels(fish oils). Alex will be taking 1 Gummy Vite and 1 calcium chewable.

calcium omega

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh I can't wait for your updates!
I've thought about trying something w/ Aidan. A friend suggested omnibrites-I believe that was the one. I have yet to order anything, but feel motivated again after your post. :) Please keep us updated!

Unknown said...

You know what the best part is? I talked to my aunt Barb today when she came over with my mom. She's visiting from Texas and she happens to be a nurse with over 25 yrs experience. I mentioned the Feingold program and also the omega 3/6/9 and she said that she had heard of Feingold and it was a great thing. She also said that the fish oil is great for anybody but that especially people with ADD/ADHD or Autism Spectrum disorders!! So the reassurance from someone in a medical field and a family member was awesome!