We went downtown and watched the fireworks Friday night and it was an awesome show! The kids ended up falling asleep, Alex about halfway through and Ethan with about 5 or 10 minutes left! It was the longest fireworks display I've ever seen, 25-30 minutes. I haven't been there in years and never with Jason. It was really nice.
On Saturday we made it to Cedar Point with no problem and had sooooo much fun. The four of us (Jas and I, Jeff and Jenny) rode 13 different roller coasters, and Jason and I rode one of the water rides and made it off almost completely dry, LOL! We rode the Millennium Force (I refuse to ride that again, right next to the water hundreds of feet in the air with no side on the car! I was panicking!), the Wicked Twister, the Top Thrill Dragster and the Maverick (all coasters). It was a first time on the Maverick for all of us and that was new last year. OMGOSH!!! That was seriously the best coaster I have EVER been on, so smooth, fast, and unexpected twists and turns. If you ever make it to Cedar Point and you even slightly like coasters, it is well worth the wait. We went on a great day too, beautiful weather and short lines. The longest line was an hour and a half (that was the Maverick), the next was 45 (that was 2 or 3? of the rides), the rest were less than 15 minutes, most we just walked through the line and got right on!
Yesterday I went to 11am Mass by myself since the kids were cranky. They had a little bit of a hard time at my parents house. I bought Hostess donuts (powdered and glazed), definitely not a good idea, they ate a full bag before lunch (breakfast and snack!). While I know kids have tantrums and even can be mean or spiteful at times, I know my six yr old(well almost 6) does not hit or yell mean things, at least not lately, and before it was rare too. My mom gave him several updates that dinner would be ready at 6pm and he didn't have to clean up but he was expected at the table to eat. At five till, she said ok boys time for dinner. Alex went over no problem. Ethan said "I don't want to eat. I hate everybody" and more stuff like that, tried to slap my mom and was sitting on the floor kicking, just an all out temper tantrum. She had him go up to the guest bedroom for a timeout and to be by himself for a bit. Ethan calmed down after a few minutes but wow! he doesn't do that. ever. period. We have been doing really good about not eating food with artificial flavoring, coloring or preservatives and he's been so much calmer, laid back, less anxious even. And then he had artificial overload, I think. So I went by myself to Mass. Then we just had a relaxing afternoon at my in-laws, swimming, playing, eating pizza for dinner. The boys each at 3 pieces of a small pizza (they were probably like 2 regular size pieces but STILL) and 3 pieces of cheesy bread!!
Jason left this morning instead of last night since they are moving to the "new" hangars and he's working there this week.
I'm upset. Ethan's birthday is July 29th. My friend, Amanda, is getting married August 9th. Jenny's Bridal Shower is August 10th. Jason is going to a factory training class on Eurocopters in ?? (Texas or PA, I think) for free! When is he going, you ask? July 24(?) is when he leaves and he'll be gone, oh, 3 weeks or so :( He won't be here on Ethan's birthday, I get to take the kids by myself to the wedding (Jeff and Jenny are going too though so they said they will help me out, which is awesome!), and I have to try and find a sitter for the Bridal Shower. Oh well, $30,000 factory school paid for by the gov't. That will only make his resume look better.
1 comment:
YOU are BRAVE!! lol
I chickened out of so many of those rides, but we also had limited time w/o the kids. Maybe when we go w/o them. I don't know.
Good for you. I'm glad you had such a good time!
Post a Comment