blog background

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day One

Jason left this afternoon for Texas. He's going to a factory training school in Grand Prairie, for Eurocopters. He's going to be gone until August 15th! So we are counting down the days till Daddy returns home. Its already been hard on the boys especially Alex. He has super-bad separation anxiety, with so many people, my sisters, my sisters-in-law, Daddy, Nana and Papa (the ones ACROSS THE STREET!) and Nana and Papa O.(my 'rents). I really am starting to think it has something to do with Jason having been gone before for so long, and then home for a few months and now he's gone all week and home on the weekends, and my one sister living in Columbus and home for maybe 2 weekends a month and my sis-in-law that lives in Chicago only coming home 1 or 2 times a month. Plus he's 3 so he gets mad and says he doesn't want them to come back when they have to leave and then thinks they really won't be back, no matter how many times we explain to him that they will be.

Anyway, so Jason left here at 1 and flew to Chicago, and is probably flying right now to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Just trying to keep myself busy until I hear from him.

Here's something neat though, I guess. My dear husband, because of his job as a helicopter mechanic, cannot wear any jewelry. It could fall off and lodge in the helicopter somewhere, become FOD(foreign object debris) on the flight line which is dangerous, or get caught and severely injure him. Due to that fact, in the seven years we've been married he has hardly worn his wedding ring. Even though he's not used to wearing it, he was going to wear it to school, since they will only be in a classroom all day. Isn't that sweet? Poor guy though, he put it on, and almost couldn't get it back off, it's too small! So until he gets back I'm wearing it on my pointer finger of my left hand, as a reminder to keep him in my prayers (I know, he's my husband, I should be doing that anyway! but my prayer life has been lacking in the last several months, especially concerning my family...).

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Aw, I'll bet this isn't easy.
I'll say a prayer for Jason's safe travels, and for you all to make it through this quickly & w/ much distraction. ;)
In fact, how about Aidan & I distract you guys? lol
Let's think of something and do it.