Been away for awhile!
didn't realize how long until I checked my email today, and then came here and looked at the post I just updated/added. It's been 11 days! Lots has been going on. Jason took a different job that is further north, just past
Detroit Michigan, in Mt
Clemens, near sterling heights. Its a great opportunity, working on helicopters and almost $9 more an hour! Plus we only have to wait a week longer than the other job to have insurance. August 1st we will have medical and dental. Seriously can't wait. Especially since my "permanent" bridge that I've had since I was like 16 or 17 (yes over 10 years) decided to pop loose and move around constantly, and it was a molar, so it was hard to eat. I finally got it out on my own today, thank goodness it
didn't hurt,
lol.
We've been doing
okay with
Feingold, but yesterday this
brilliant absent-minded? momma decided she wanted to take
Jas and the boys to
Cici's pizza buffet. Not such a great idea, but today we got confirmation that the elimination diet has definitely been helping Ethan. He had a sort of rough day yesterday but I figured it was from all the excitement on Saturday and maybe being tired or something. Today was really hard though. He had horrible tantrums over little stuff, screaming, being mean to Alex and I, plus Alex was being mean to Ethan (more than normal sibling rivalry on both their parts) and Alex was also being purposefully defiant, ignoring us or just continuing to do what we said not to. Then we were at my
in-laws and Ethan just had a total meltdown about something. It was the worst its been in nearly 2 weeks and worse than sometimes prior! My mother-in-law was even shocked. Especially when I told her, it hadn't been like this in days! So starting fresh tomorrow, clean slate, stage 2
Feingold where we add back in things that contain
salicylates (apples, grapes, berries, oranges, their juices, tomato products, including ketchup). Ethan has 5 or 6 days of school left and then its summer break which should make it easier to keep track. I was keeping a food journal for all of us, but it was hard to remember to fill it out, so I am going to try again just for Ethan, since Alex's behaviors aren't as extreme (although after our family picnic at my parent's on Saturday where Alex had some things he shouldn't have, he had a rough night sleeping, he actually woke up 3 or 4 times that night! and he and Ethan had a rough time at Mass, sitting still, worse than normal, and being extremely loud and Alex even lightly punching me in the collarbone area with both fists repeatedly - it
didn't hurt, just frustrated me, and I firmly and
calmly told him to stop - when not getting his way, such as leaving early, etc.)
I also just realized I never updated about the prayer request for my friend's baby that is due in August. She had a higher level ultrasound a couple weeks ago and they found out the baby is
ok, she is not paralyzed, her legs are fine and its DEFINITELY a girl! Praise the Lord! Oh and her name is going to be Jaquelyn Marie(not sure of the spelling for the first name)- first name after my friend's grandmother, and middle name after....ME! Isn't
that so sweet?? Love you Darla!
Ok so
that's our update. Going to try to write more often again. Jason will be home this whole week since he doesn't start the new job till June 2
nd (I think?)
1 comment:
Glad you're posting again. :)
I didn't realize Jason's job was THAT far! I lived in Sterling Heights until I was 11! Small world. And we have friends in Mt Clemens. Neat.
I'm glad to hear your friend's daughter is doing well. I'm sure that's a relief.
and school is getting out already?! wow! I'm glad, though. Hopefully that means we can get together more! :)
Post a Comment