We found a duck egg in our pool! Jason has been draining it so we can take it down and get rid of it and there were 3 ducks that kept going in the water. A few days ago, after not seeing the ducks for almost a week, I went out to the pool to look in it and see if there was a way to repair it for cheap instead of get rid of it, and there on the cover in the dry end of the pool was a single duck egg. I brought it inside, since the ducks were long gone, and we have been incubating it since then. Not sure if it will even hatch, but it would be so neat if it did! I think it would be a great experience for the boys.
Anybody know anything about hatching (or raising) ducks?
2 comments:
That's cool! No idea how to incubate a duck egg, but at my parents house, they have a pool, and 2 ducks come and live in the rainwater that collects on the cover every year. They have been coming for about 15 years, I wanna say. They're fun.
Did it hatch? We used to incubate chicken eggs, it was awesome to watch them hatch.
Post a Comment