blog background

Monday, April 7, 2008

My birthday

Yesterday I turned 27. Saturday night we had a party with some friends at the house while the boys had a sleepover at my parents house. I drank beer for the first time in, wow, I don't know how long, well actually New Years but other than that its been quite a while! I stopped before I was falling down drunk, but I was definitely not sober, just laughing constantly. I switched to Diet Pepsi, sobered up and waited till the last person left at 3:30 in the morning!!! I woke up Sunday at 10:30 feeling great and ate breakfast. The boys were still at my parents and Jason was sound asleep looking so peaceful, so I went to 11:oo Mass by myself. I actually found myself brought to tears a few times, I was able to really hear the readings, and the homily. There was a deacon there from Van Wert, OH, and he has been to Belize(I think?) and told us about the Propagation of the Faith charity and what they do, etc. His homily was very moving. When I got home Jason got up and ready, my mom brought the boys home and we went to Walmart for a few things. The weather has been soooo beautiful the past 3 days, so we wanted to play outside. We got the kids their own little plastic golf "bags", clubs and balls for $5 each, and a little baseball mitt and ball for Alex. The boys had a blast playing golf, catch and soccer with daddy, mommy, Uncle Jeffey, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Maddy, and Papa. My m-i-l made the best-ever lasagna, and we ate that, breadsticks and salad for dinner before eating cake. My s-i-l Madison picked out a 2 layer ice cream cake, vanilla ice cream, chocolate cookie crumbs, caramal(or something) and chocolate ice cream, YUMMY!!
Then it was present time! I didnt expect anything but you know, it was really nice to get a little spoiled LOL. Jeff and Jenny (Jason's brother and fiance) gave me a $25 gift card, Madison and Jorie (Jason's sisters) gave me a cookbook Deceptively Delicious, which I've been wanting so badly, and Mom and Dad H. gave a really pretty spring dress, kinda 70's style, very cute and light and fits great! Jason and the boys gave me a game for my Nintendo DS. My parents bought me some cute bracelets they gave me last week and then babysitting the boys was part of my bday present too.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a good one.

Sharon said...

I was thinking about you! Happy Birthday, again! Glad to hear you got a little spoiled. If no other time, we should on our birthdays. :)

Now, if you need anyone to go shopping with you, just let me know! ;)