On Monday, Jason had an appointment with the VA for a compensation and benefits review. 6 years ago, Jason was medically discharged from the Army because he had broken his right(dominant) wrist and his left kneecap. Neither had healed correctly and he still needs surgery on his wrist to help with flexibility and pain. His knee doesn't hurt him constantly or at least not enough for him to have sought medical care, but you can feel the divot in his knee cap where its not healed right. Well, he recently found out he should have gone every 12 months or so for a review of both injuries. The VA had lost his paperwork, or had our old address, or always something, so they don't blame him. The last time they had his appointment scheduled it was during the time he was supposed to be gone so it was cancelled. He got a letter the other day stating he had an appointment on Monday morning at 10 am in Cleveland, 120 miles away. There is a clinic in Ann Arbor, MI and even though he put in a request to go there, they still scheduled it 2 hrs away instead!
At 7:30 on Monday morning, Jason went and picked up his brother Jeff and they headed out to Cleveland. At 8:30, the phone rang. Jason was calling to tell me our (new) truck was messed up. He explained to me that a car in front of him ran over a semi-truck tire that was in the road on the turnpike and that it flew out from under it, into the air and hit the bumper of the truck and under the truck, busting off the plastic part of the bumper, fog lights and bending and breaking the fuel line! Nobody was hurt thankfully. We have Chevy roadside assistance but the state trooper told him that the tow truck has to be a special turnpike approved tow truck so they had to wait for that. Then the truck was towed to a Chevy dealer in Fremont. They had to order the parts which is supposed to take 3-4 days and the only car rental place in Fremont had NO cars!! Luckily a little while later the dealership had a loaner brought back in and Jason and Jeff were able to make it home no worse for the wear. Jason called and rescheduled his appointment for Wednesday but had to cancel that too. We still don't have our truck back yet but its completely covered by our insurance because its considered comprehensive (I'm so glad Jason's mom works for an insurance company and understands that stuff! She works for Nationwide and we go through State Farm but its all the same explanations and whatnot). If he wouldn't have called the insurance to find out for sure, we would have had to pay a $500 deductible. The damage totaled almost $1100!
Yesterday Jason got a call back from the company he interviewed with last week. They offered him a job! They are waiting for the paperwork and background check to be finished and then next week he will go for his drug test and should start soon after that. Insurance doesn't start for either 60 or 90 days but that's ok because we will soon have insurance at least!
Last but not least, I have a prayer request for a good friend and her husband. She is pregnant with their third child and had her ultrasound done yesterday. The baby was ok, and moving and everything, except for "her" legs. Not once the whole time did the baby move her legs. They think its a girl but couldn't be sure because the way she was laying and not moving. There is a possibility she is paralyzed from the waist down. Please pray that if it is God's will that the baby will be healed and if that is not His will, then for her parents to have the strength to handle all that comes their way. Thank you.
2 comments:
Wow, Crystal! What a heavy post!
First, Congrats to Jason on the job offer! That's great news. I wish you all well with the new job.
I am sorry to hear about the truck. That stinks. And I had no idea the extent of Jason's injuries. Yikes.
We'll definitely keep him in our prayers, and especially that baby girl. How sad. I can imagine the parents are pretty stressed.
NFP-that's something we should go out, just girls, and have a night of talking! lol. I can understand where Jason is coming from. But you know what? ANY type of family planning seems like work at first. I know some guys don't involve themselves at ALL in that area, but if Jason was ever involved, maybe he'd understand that?
And hey, if you ever want him and Pat to chat on this, let me know! lol (I'm sure they'd both feel funny, but still)
Good for you for standing strong here. I don't always find it easy to do so.I guess the most important things in life aren't that easy, though, are they?
I hope you have a low-stress weekend. You deserve it!
Congratulations on Jason's new job. I hope it brings joy to your family.
Prayers are being said for the baby girl and the family.
As for the NFP - I agree with Sharon. I think any of time Family planning is work, but maybe if he understood it better or were to be more involved that would help. You two will be in my prayrs.
Post a Comment