blog background

Sunday, February 3, 2008

What's new around here

My hubby and I have been doing a lot of communicating since our weekend alone together in New Orleans. Its been amazing in fact. A roller coaster of emotions, but amazing nonetheless. He has been contemplating coming home and looking for a job, and using our savings as a buffer. I would have to work at least part time for a while, which I don't mind so much I suppose, since my dh would be with us! DH keeps going back and forth about it because he doesn't want us in a situation that causes more stress. We did however promise that we will not fight about money. We can discuss it and if one of us gets mad, we walk away and come back when all is calm. The other thing we have been discussing, and HE brought it up, is Natural Family Planning. He doesn't want to have more children but he told me he is willing to try NFP! This is huge! We are even going to take the class instead of the home study course, which is again HUGE! As long as I don't "trick" him, LOL and get pregnant he said he will try. I told him, it will be awfully hard to trick you(besides the fact I am not the type of person to do that, and I thought he knew me better than that!) when you will be helping me chart, we will interpret and decide together based on that chart. So that was reassuring to him. I'm glad. I'm ecstatic. I'm thankful. My prayers have been answered. All I've wanted was to give it a try, a chance, and now he's willing to.
I used to be a member of a group of Catholic Moms online but after it got to be a lot of people seemingly arguing constantly almost, I left just a couple weeks ago, right before our trip. I almost want to rejoin because I miss the camaraderie the group had, but I also wasn't really involved anymore. I read the blogs of several of the girls I consider close friends, and that helps. I'm just rambling now, bored, waiting for the washer to finish the load of whites I had to wash this morning. No socks, very unhappy Ethan. Very unhappy Ethan, cranky mommy and Alex. Not a good combination considering we are going to Mass in about an hour and a half! So socks=good day, LOL. Well better day anyway. I think I will take the boys to lunch today after Mass, as a treat. They've been good this weekend considering we've been cooped up inside for nearly 3 days with the cold and snow. Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and week.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've had the same qualms about the group, too and hardly ever check in :o( It makes me sad, though.

Listen, if you have any questions about NFP--or if Jason is nervous about it, tell him to call us or e-mail us--We love it! I was always terrified of NFP, but I haven't used any ABCs or barrier methods since Landon was conceived--We've been using the Creighton method for about 6 months and I have never once been tempted to go buy forty pregnanc tests a month like I used to--I always know beyond the shadow of a doubt what's going on with my body--NFP has been everything opposite of what I expected!!

I'll be praying for you!

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I'm glad you mentioned that Yahoo! group. I went off messages there around Christmas, myself and I *do* miss it - the OLD list where people were helpful and not jumping down each other's throats for every little misinterpreted post.

I'm glad you're blogging so I can keep up with you! And I'm happy to hear about your DH - it is huge to not feel like every time you want to be romantic it's going to cause a fight.

And don't be scared off by big families - thinking that if you see a big family at church it means NFP doesn't work - lots of people point to us as an NFP failure (behind our back, how nice!) but we never have used NFP.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn, I am nervous a bit, but I know its the right thing to do! We are, I think, going to learn the sympto-thermal method, since that is the class that is taught around here. Thanks for the support and prayers, we will definitely need them!

Mama, thanks! I do like blogging, but I have a tendency not to update enough, LOL! About NFP and large families, I think that is why he was so adamant before about not using it, but I told him many of those families choose to not use NFP or anything or if they do, they choose not to "follow the rules" knowing that a baby could result and they don't mind that in the slightest! thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

Sharon said...

Crystal,
I'm so glad to read your update! How nice that would be if Jason was home. :) We look forward to meeting him one day.

And I'm so happy for you that he's coming around w/ NFP. And you know, in regards to you "tricking" him, I think as he comes to learn and practice NFP, his heart may change, too. That's what we find to be the beauty of NFP. (for us, anyway). The responsibility isn't just YOURS, but he'd be helping...there's no tricking there. ;)

I'm so happy for you. You sound so happy in your post.
We hope to see you again soon!

Unknown said...

Sharon,
thats exactly what I tried to tell him and it seemed to help him. I'm really thrilled he's coming home, and I can't wait to see him. I was actually thinking of emailing you today and seeing when you would like to get together again! Hope to see you all soon too.

Andrea said...

Crystal,

I am still holding on to the group. Sometimes I love it and other times I feel sick with how everyone is getting mad about everything. =( Be happy with the wonderful people you have met. Friends/people come and go. =)

As for the NFP! I'm glad you guys are going to take the class together. I can't imagine doing it along. NFP is wonderful and will bring you together. You'll learn things you never knew before - and your hubby. Keep us updated. *hugs* Prayers do work for our hubby's.. I know!!!!!