blog background

Sunday, February 3, 2008

For those with food allergies and more

I am subscribed to the Feingold diet newsletter, and today I received a new one. If you are unfamiliar with the Feingold diet, basically it is a diet that removes artificial food dyes, flavorings and preservatives and helps children and adults manage their symptoms of ADD/ADHD and other "problems" such as this. I joined originally to help Ethan with his PDD-NOS but haven't really followed through. However it has helped us make better choices in what we do eat. Well in the newsletter today it mentions Martha Stewart. She is having a contest type thing for her employees, for ideas to expand Martha Stewart Living. One of her employees has an idea for a magazine for people with food allergies and sensitivities. Right now it is winning by 54%! I went and voted for it this morning. The magazine would have allergen-free recipes, and other ideas. Check out the link here and vote!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've never heard of this, but we foolow this diet anyways, just by choice. I want to give Landon the best leg up on life, you know? It makes a big difference (Oh, and it started with a food allergy--I started having to read labels--and I had to recognize everything on the label before I would buy.) :o)

Unknown said...

For those wishing to try the Feingold Diet, my wife and I have put together a website (The Asperger’s Store at www.aspergerstore.com) that lists all of the Feingold-accepted foods available through Amazon.com.

Our 7-year old daughter has an autism-spectrum disorder, and this diet has helped with her attention and hyperactivity over the past three years.

Craig

Unknown said...

Craig, Thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to check it out. It's been hard to find some of the items, like breads at the local stores, so it's made it very difficult to follow the diet!