I have been looking at my bookcase and wondering when I will have time to finally read all the books I have! I am going to make a list of ones that are my top priorities so to speak and then try and update as I read them.
1. Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross
2. Conceived without Sin by Bud Macfarlane Jr.(about halfway done)
3. House of God by Bud Macfarlane Jr.
4. Pierced by a Sword by Bud Macfarlane Jr.
5. The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood
6. Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot(about halfway done and I started writing my own ROL)
7. From Eden to Nazareth by Leonard Foley, OFM
8. Holiness for Housewives by Hubert van Zeller
9. Come down Zacchaeus by Thomas Green, SJ
10. Finding God's Will for You by St. Francis de Sales
11. Mystics and Miracles by Bert Ghezzi
12. How To Get Your Husband To Talk To You by Nancy Cobb and Connie Grigsby
13. Chronicles of Narnia collection by C.S.Lewis (I've actually read four or five of the books in the collection, my dh got me the book with all of them in one last year for a gift)
There is a book I wish I would have bought. It was a 1925 copy of a book written by St Therese of Lisieux. I wish I could remember the name of it now but it escapes me! I found it at an antique shop in Louisiana when I went to visit Jason. I felt drawn to it but decided not to buy it because it seemed very fragile and I didn't want it to get destroyed on the plane trip home or when I got home by curious little boys. Oh well, if its meant to be in my hands, I will find it again.
1 comment:
Holiness for Housewives is one of the best books I have ever read about developing a prayer life and aspiring to virtue with babies!
The biography of St. Therese is called The Story of A Soul - was that it? It is very good, too. Have you seen the movie?
Post a Comment