Yesterday was the first day of Advent. We're not decorating much this year since we are moving in about 2 weeks to the new house. We are going to decorate a little once we get moved in, and we are going to buy a real Christmas tree this year but for now everything is staying packed away. I did however buy an Advent wreath over the summer and it never got put away with the other Christmas/Advent decorations. So I put it on the table and put candles in it, and last night at dinner we lit the first candle, said a prayer, read a passage from the Bible and proceeded to eat dinner by candlelight. It was really nice and peaceful. The boys actually ate really good and were nice to each other and everything! Here are a couple of pictures of our wreath:
2 comments:
Very nice! (and the red placemats compliment it well;) We started our daily Advent prayers last night, too, after dinner. Aidan was great. I snatched pics-you'll prob. see them on my blog, too. lol
It looks peaceful over at your house! You certainly deserve it with all the moving stuff going on.
Very nice. I still don't have an advent wreath. Darn it anyway.
It's already started. We have a calender and I've been saying the prayers.
Post a Comment