blog background

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hour of Grace

JennD from my email group shared this with us, and I thought I would pass it along to any readers who are not aware of it. I know I am going to try to do this, as I can use all the graces God will give me!


This Saturday will be a very important day - the 8th of December. For it is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

It is also the anniversary of the death of the Venerable Archdeacon Cavanagh, the Parish Priest of Knock in Ireland, and the priest who said the original 100 consecutive Masses for the holy souls on which our own novena is based.

It is also the day on which in 1947 Our Blessed Mother gave to us the Hour of Grace.
Our Lady said as follows: "It is my wish that every year, on 8th December, at noon, the HOUR OF GRACE FOR THE WORLD be celebrated . Many divine and bodily graces will be received through this devotion. Our Lord, my Divine Son Jesus, will send His overflowing mercy if good people will pray continuously for their sinful brother….. it is my wish that the HOUR OF GRACE FOR THE WORLD be made known and spread throughout the world. If anyone is unable to visit his church, yet will pray at noon at home, he will also receive graces through me…..will find a secure heavenly ladder and receive protection and grace through my motherly heart. "

Set out below this email is the formula for the hour of grace. Our Lady promised she will hear any prayer we make at this time.

THE REQUEST OF OUR BLESSED MOTHER FOR THE HOUR OF GRACE :

1. Day and time of the Hour of Grace: December 8th, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, to be started at 12:00 noon and continuing until 1:00 p.m. for one full hour of prayer.

2. During this hour, the person making the "Hour of Grace" either at home or at Church must put away all distractions (do not answer the telephones, or answer any doors, or do anything but totally concentrate on your union with God during this special Hour of Grace).

3. Begin the Hour of Grace by praying three (3) times the 51st Psalm with out-stretched arms. (Psalm 51 appears below)

4. The rest of the Hour of Grace may be spent in silent communication with God meditating upon the Passion of Jesus, saying the Holy Rosary, praising God in your own way, or by using favorite prayers, singing hymns, meditating upon other psalms, etc.

Please copy and distribute this message. Remember to pray for your country during this hour. The Blessed Virgin has requested that her important message be sent throughout the entire world. Please help her Mission: that all souls be drawn to GOD, and that JESUS will be loved in every heart. This is the perpetual song of her heart. Let it also be ours.

PSALM 51
Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me. For I know my offense; my sin is always before me. Against you alone have I sinned; I have done such evil in your sight That you are just in your sentence, blameless when you condemn. True, I was born guilty, a sinner, even as my mother conceived me. Still, you insist on sincerity of heart; in my inmost being teach me wisdom. Cleanse me with hyssop, that I may be pure; wash me, make me whiter than snow. Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Turn away your face from my sins; blot out all my guilt. A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit. Do not drive me from your presence, nor take from me your holy spirit. Restore my joy in your salvation; sustain in me a willing spirit. I will teach the wicked your ways, that sinners may return to you. Rescue me from death, God, my saving God, that my tongue may praise your healing power. Lord, open my lips; my mouth will proclaim your praise. For you do not desire sacrifice; a burnt offering you would not accept. My sacrifice, God, is a broken spirit; God, do not spurn a broken, humbled heart. Make Zion prosper in your good pleasure; rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. Then you will be pleased with proper sacrifice, burnt offerings and holocausts; then bullocks will be offered on your altar.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you. I didn't know much about this.

Tomorrow is also a Holy Day, isn't it?
I have to check the Mass schedule!

Andrea said...

Crystal thank you for sharing. I hope I can do this. It seems like an entire hour without distractions might be difficult though. You know how that is with little ones. I'm thinking about going tomorrow to our hour of prayer at church. =)

Unknown said...

Andrea- I understand too well about an hour without distractions, sometimes its hard to find 5 minutes like that, LOL!

Sharon- I totally forgot about it being a Holy Day too! I wonder though since its a Saturday to we have to attend Saturday Mass and then Sunday too? I think I remember hearing that if a Holy Day falls on a Saturday or Monday, you aren't obligated or something like that, I can't remember. Not that it wouldn't be a great thing to go anyway!

Jennifer said...

I did it...Were you able to?

Unknown said...

Jen- Ha, no, I am not too upset with myself but I honestly forgot. The thing is, Sharon, Pat and the boys were over!!! We had a blast, letting the boys play, and visiting. I want to thank you for introducing us. Oh and btw, are you ever gonna come up here to visit??? I want to meet you in person even though I feel like I already know you, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this hour of grace, I received from FOSS, and link to your blog.
I will do it with all my heart.
Thank you.
Marie. France