blog background

Monday, December 3, 2007

No more Hide-and-Seek

My mom came over to day to help me pack some things. While she was here, I ran to the post office to mail Jason his cell phone. I left Alex with my mom. No big deal, she raised 3 girls, has 9 grandkids, and can handle taking care of 2 yr olds.... I was in line for about 15 minutes at the post office, finally was at the counter filling out the form to send the package overnight when my cell phone started ringing. Well instead of answering I hit the ignore to turn the noise off, noticing my mom's cell number came up on the caller id. I figured she was calling to find out where something was, so I would call her back in a few. I get out to the van and listen to her message. She was freaking out, something about Alex hiding. I called her and she was upset, she couldn't find him anywhere in the house. She looked upstairs, downstairs, in the basement, every room and even outside since the front door was open, yelling his name with no answer. Just as I called and she was telling me Alex proceeds to come down the stairs giggling and telling my mom "Nana, I'm here!!!". Turns out he was hiding in mom and dad's walk-in closet behind some clothes, and was sitting very still!!!!! (This also happens to be where all the Christmas gifts are at, the little stinker!) Needless to say I came home to Alex sitting on the couch, and my mom telling me that she had a talk with him about not hiding if someone is calling your name, if they ask you to please come out and they can't find you. Now will he remember tomorrow not to scare mommy like that? I doubt it because he loves hide and seek SO very much, LOL.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Your poor mother. Oh I have those days when your heart sinks becaues your so scared. Kids love hide n seek, but it can be scary.

LoL - hiding where the presents are. Haha. I discovered Landen can open the sticky closet door that I hid the presents in. Darn it!