blog background

Saturday, July 14, 2007

busy!

ok so I havent written in quite awhile, its been busy and kinda crazy around here. First thanks for the prayers for my nephews dad, he is out of the hospital, no longer in a coma. He was in the coma for about 2 weeks. He is making wonderful progress, talking, walking, memory seems fine, he's even taking driving classes and possibly going back to work sometime in September. Truly a miracle!
Wow, I have had almost no time to myself lately, LOL. with my hubby gone overseas and watching my best friend's son and daughter its been busy. I have been keeping them 2 or three times a week for the last few weeks, so those days I have Ethan(almost 5, the 29th of this month), her ds(3 1/2) her dd(2 1/2) and Alex(2)!! its fun but hectic, and the kids love spending time together, they all tell me they are best friends LOL but yet they still fight, esp. her dd and Alex omgoodness!! they are so cute together too though.
what else can I say? oh i am getting a night out tonight. my mom and dad are watching the boys at least for a few hours this evening so I can go to a concert. an old friend from high school has a fiance and brother that are in a band together and tonight is their first official show, and she invited me. I'm super excited cause I have only seen her a handful of times since high school and we hung out about 2 weeks ago and had a ton of fun. I sure am glad to be home for so many reasons, if we were still living in Maryland and Jas was gone over there, I would definitely be having a harder time without my family to help me once in awhile. sometimes us moms really do need a little break. I have been so stressed out lately with doing everything completely on my own, taking care of the boys, discipline, cooking everything, taking care of the dog, cars and house. its hard to do it all without some help. when dh was here he did alot!! i never really realized or appreciated all the things he did around here until I didnt have his help. funny how that works isnt it? I mean, really, he took the dog out all the time, fixed our van and jeep, cut the grass, cleaned up after the dog outside, bathed the dog and helped me with the boys, and cleaning plus we split the cooking(well he would probably say he did 70% of the cooking, and he probably did, LOL) but you know what I mean. I feel so bad for taking him for granted. I mean I always told him I love him and thank you and stuff, but I think alot of times I didnt appreciate him and all he did for us. Dont get me wrong, I miss him for more than just the things he does for us, I miss his smile, his hazel eyes looking into mine, his touch, his kiss, his voice, his laugh and sense of humor, how he gets down on his hands and knees to wrestle with the boys, everything about him. All I can say is I cannot wait till September when he is supposed to get vacation and come home to visit!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Crystal--Yay! You wrote another post!! I was just checking in at your blog b/c I've been thinking about you a lot since Jason left. This post was really good for me to read today b/c I am about to scratch my husband's eyes out--LOL. What would it be like if he weren't around? Definitely food for thought. It isn't fair that you are missing your husband so badly and girls like me get to sit and argue with ours over stupid stuff and take ours for granted (I bet you want to scratch MY eyes out--LOL!) Anyways, I'm thinking about you and praying for you--and soooooo happy to finally hear good news about your bro-in-law!!!! I was looking to see results from answered prayers lately and this is a fantastic one!! Good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger!! Jen :o)