blog background

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Whew!

Last night was awesome, good company, good music, good time! The band sounds awesome, have to say they are way better than when we were all in school, and now there are 2 new members the lead singer and rhythm guitarist, and they definitely fill out the band. I already told them when Jas gets home I am throwing a HUGE welcome home party and I want them to play, since it is 10 months from now they will have their own songs written and played so much it will be even better. of course the person i told was all for it and was totally surprised when I said I would pay them! We will have to see how it all turns out. I picked the boys up last night and they went to sleep just fine and slept good.
Today has been a long day. We got up to go to Mass at St. Anthony's but were too late for 10am Mass so we decided to stop (at McDonald's, i know, i know, not so good, but I am slowly cutting out the fast food, its hard when its been a staple in our diets for so long) and get lunch then head to St Anthony's for noon Mass, all was going good till Alex decided he didnt want to be quiet about 2 seconds into Father Brian's homily!! He wasnt being exceptionally quiet before that, but he wasnt being terribly loud either. So we went out into the vestibule(i think?) any way there is a speaker but the sound system has been blown for sometime so I not only couldnt hear anything really but Alex and Ethan started getting louder and more obnoxious than ever!! of course Ethan is in this stage that no matter what I say everything his brother does is funny which only fuels Alex on more, LOL! so I was shushing and shushing, I even walked outside so as not to disturb the grandmother and her granddaughter anymore than we already had at one point. then we went back in and sat during Communion(I really need to get to Reconciliation, so I can go up for Communion) in the vestibule, well they sat, I attempted to kneel and pray, ha like that was gonna happen.
Then after that I had to go to Walmart to get stuff for Ethan's b-day party in 2 weeks!!!!!! what is wrong with me, I havent done any b-day party planning or shopping for presents, not good at all. He wants a map/transportation party, not too easy to come up with stuff for that. Ethan will sit and look at maps nonstop if you let him, he's "fixated" on them, but the neat thing is he can tell you how to get pretty much anywhere in Toledo/Sylvania, OH area and actually knows how to get from our house all the way to our old house in MD and even to Orlando FL and San Diego CA, no joke, he has it all mapped(HA) out so when we go to Disneyworld (or Land) he will be a great back seat driver!!
So they were just all over the place(not physically, they actually stayed with me, well Alex was in the cart, but Ethan held on to the cart or my hand at all times) but just in terms of behavior, one second crying, next laughing, next just whining and throwing fits, needless to say I could just feel the irritation welling up inside of me and I know I was being short with them. I hate it when I get like that cause it's so not fair to them! This is actually making me feel better to just vent a little. Sorry if it seems like I am complaining all the time. Dont take it wrong either, I love and adore my boys, they mean the world to me, but sometimes I wonder why I havent pulled all my hair out!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mu said...

when i was younger i used to love maps a lot as well. know i'm a 19 year old i still do - though not to the same extent. i used to be able to sit in a room with a map of the UK for hours on end and be perfectly content.