Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Are you Listening?
This past Sunday the boys and I ventured back to St. Anthony's in Temperance, MI. Its a lovely church with a very kind and faithful priest Father Brian. The very first time we went was the week after Jason left and Alex was being exceptionally loud. Father Brian didnt skip a beat and afterwards he picked Alex up and talked to him and also to Ethan and I. It really made us feel at home. So we have been going there for a few weeks, although we have missed Mass 2 or 3 times. We were running late but were going to try and make it to 930 Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes, my inlaws parish, we were about 5 minutes away when I realized it was already 930 and I didnt want to be disruptive and walk in that late, and the next Mass didnt start until 11am, too late with two cranky boys and a birthday party to prepare. So I almost decided to just head home but instead headed past our house to St. Anthony's and am I ever so glad I did! First we got there and went in, one of the ushers found us seat in the third row, so the boys could see, I had been sitting in the back and they were rambunctious to say the least every week. Then Alex started getting a little bit upset and loud, so I said a quick prayer to mine and his Guardian Angels and then I greeted the church's Guardian Angel(s) (thanks to Jenn D, you told me about them!) and asked them to have everyone stay till the final blessing and also could they whisper in Alex's ear to stay somewhat quiet and I also asked the Blessed Virgin Mary to whisper in his ear. Well something worked, someone helped because he was good, fairly quiet(for him this is a huge deal!). Some things I love about Mass at St. Anthony's are things I noticed this week because I wasnt sitting outside the main area and I could actually participate, first we said the full act of contrition!! big deal to me because I dont ever remember saying the whole thing before, I know there are a couple ways,(I think) to do this part. maybe I am wrong, sorry still a newbie!! lol. and then just before Mass ended or maybe it was after the final blessing, I cant remember for sure, anyway, we prayed the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel! It was beautiful. Also Father Brian is not one to mince words so to speak, he is a wonderful homilist! The Gospel reading was about the Our Father and he broke it down and explained it line by line and it was so wonderful. He brought up points I would never have seen and it fit me to a T! and he even spoke about how he does these things or remembers having done certain things. One thing, we ask for things like a child does and we expect to get them as does a child but God answers as our Father, as a father does to his child, sometimes yes but sometimes the answer is no and we just dont want to hear it so we keep asking and asking. What have you been asking for but failed to hear the answer because you want it so badly you are only willing to accept a yes? I know my answer to this and I am sure Jason does too. Just something to think about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment