So this post is very late in coming ;)
I've been so busy taking care of my newest munchkin.
On January 3rd, at 6am we went to the hospital so I could be induced. The boys were with us but we found out they a. Couldn't be in the room when it came time to push (fine with me!) B. Couldn't be in the waiting room alone and C. Had no one to keep on eye on them. So Jason took them home and to school. While he was gone, I got checked in, bloodwork drawn, IV hooked up etc. They started pitocin around 7:30 and broke my water around 8. They had a hard time doing that, took 2 doctors and 4 tries! Talk about uncomfortable!
After my water was broken, the baby's heart rate dropped for a couple of minutes. I had to change positions a few times and go on oxygen to help. His heart rate dipped some throughout labor with contractions but not severely. Jason got back around 9am.
My contractions continued to get stronger over the next few hours. I made my honey go eat around noon as he was feeling a bit off since he hadn't eaten. I was texting my mom and sisters and updating Facebook all morning, lol. While Jas was gone, they checked my progress and I was 5-6 cm dilated and 70% effaced. I was still breathing through contractions and holding Jason's hand. He was an awesome coach. While he was gone eating, and the nurses were out if the room, I continuously prayed the Hail Mary and thought of Mary giving birth in that manger with no doctors or medication to ease her pain and she was so young. It really helped me. A bit after Jas got back, I decided to get some relief, however. At that point, I was able to get a shot of morphine. It eased the pain for about 20 mins and the contractions were very strong and close together. After the morphine wore off, I decided to get an epidural. I was checked again and was at 7-8cm and it was perfect timing. They called the anesthesiologist and told us about 10 minutes. Jason said ok honey just 4 more contractions and he'll be here. Two or three later and I knew I couldn't wait. I had to push!! They canceled the epidural, told me to wait and breathe. Ha! Not easy but I managed. I started pushing a couple minutes later and just a few big pushes later and he was crowning. A couple more and his head was out and we knew why his heart rate dropped, the umbilical cord was around his neck. The doctor cut the cord and one more big push and baby Jackson made his debut. It was an amazing experience. I got to see him for a second before they evaluated him. Within a few minutes, I was holding him and he was nursing.
He weighed 7lbs 11oz and 20 in long. Jason said "he must want a slurpee from 7eleven." LOL!!!
The doctor asked his name and I said "Jackson Versan Frederick" Jason said "What?! No Frederick should go first but are you sure about Versan?" Its a funny story but his dad tried to convince us to
name him that and my honey joked boot it for a few months and I was adamantly against it. But it grew on me and now he has a neat story about his name :-)
Jax has had an interesting first 11 weeks. He had jaundice for a month and had to have blood draws several times the first two weeks. He lost 11 oz total and took a month to gain it back along with a bit. At one month he was finally at 8lbs 6oz and his jaundice was almost gone. He had a pelvic ultrasound at a few days old because one of his testicles was undescended but that's turned out to be fine. When he was jaundiced we had a bunch of things checked to make sure of was just from breastfeeding. It was nothing serious. Breastfeeding is going great and I'm not having any ppd at all. In fact my recovery has been grey. Lack of sleep has been hard but its getting better. He's sleeping better and actually sleeping in the cosleeper some nights and others cuddled up to me either in the bed or on the couch. I'll take the sleep any way I can and it makes breastfeeding on demand a ton easier.
Jax is starting to drool a ton and chew his fingers constantly and he takes a pacifier. He's got the cutest smile and dimples and coos and kinda laughs. He figured out how to roll to his tummy a couple weeks ago and he's slept better on his tummy since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment