I've been anxiously waiting since May 2nd when I first saw that positive pregnancy test. Tomorrow is going to be the big day! We are heading to the hospital very early in the morning, as I'm scheduled for my labor induction at 6 am. Originally, Jason and the boys were going to take me in and then at 7:15 or so he was going to head to the school to drop them off and then come back, but the drive there and back as well as taking them to class and talking to their teachers it would be over an hour (almost an hour and half!) till he got back to me. If I knew that labor would definitely take a long time (obviously I'm assuming it will be at least 9 before he's born, but labor and delivery are unpredictable as any mother knows!!), then I wouldn't be concerned. Or even if I had someone else that would be there with me. Plus then he would have to leave again around 2:45 to go pick them up - again an hour or so without anybody with me and the chance baby boy hasn't been born yet. We talked to both boys and Alex was willing immediately to miss the day. Ethan had some concerns that we addressed - perfect attendance and make-up work. So instead they will spend the day with us at the hospital, some time in the room with Jason and I early in the day, and the rest of the time in the waiting room. They are taking their DSIs and games, and the portable DVD players their grandparents bought them w/ a couple movies each, tons of snacks and a sack lunch. Jason will take them for a fast food dinner, most likely. Jason's parents will be coming in town later in day, as my father-in-law works 3rd shift tonight and is going to get a few hours of sleep before they head up. My parents will be up Sunday morning and my dad will head back Monday morning. My mom is spending the week with us which be really nice and helpful.
I'm having some contractions right now, and they are a little bit stronger but still nothing to write home about. 5 in just over an hour's time, and not any kind of "pattern". Plus now it's been almost a half hour since the last one. I'm hoping this little one has a different plan than my doctor and I. I should have just told her no when she asked if I wanted to be induced...
I really thought I would have gone into labor on my own by now. Just a feeling I had. Wow, was I wrong! Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment