I'm officially full-term. 37 weeks last Friday so almost 38 weeks at this point. I went to the doctor on Monday and found out she will not be here next week :( I haven't met her associates so that kind of upset me. She asked if I want to be induced if I don't go before my due date. I went ahead and said sure. She scheduled it for Jan 3 at 6am. To be honest, I'm really, really hoping I go before. I'm not looking forward to pitocin and those contractions - I had pitocin with E when my labor slowed and wowzers, those contractions really are stronger and harder. Plus I didn't want to be hooked to an IV if possible so I could walk around to help labor or get in the tub to help during contractions. I'm hoping to avoid pain meds if I can handle it. I would love to have a natural birth this time around and I've read that there is a much better chance of successful breastfeeding if I and baby are alert right after birth and I know the meds can interfere with that.
Good news is I don't need an antibiotic this time around, my Group B Strep came back negative! YAY! She did check me and I am at 1 1/2 centimeters dilated and 25% effaced as of Monday morning so that's a bit of a change since the previous week of 1 centimeter and not effaced at all. She didn't schedule me for another appointment since she scheduled the induction, baby is growing good, measurements and heart rate are good and my blood pressure is normal. So my next actual appointment is my 6 week check-up in February.
Jason and I are thinking, planning, hoping that he comes in the next week, before the 1st. I have been having a few stronger contractions and lots of pressure so we'll see. Time to get walking!!
I still need to get in touch with the boys' new dr so I can set up their new patient appointments and make them aware of the new baby. They won't see him at the hospital so I want to make sure I will be able to set up the appointment for as soon as possible, especially since we are deferring the hep b vaccine at the hospital. We want to make sure that we are all on the same page. Still debating about the eye medication and also the Vitamin K shot. I'm going to be doing some research on those today.
No comments:
Post a Comment