FOR TODAY Sunday, October 16, 2011
Outside my window... Dusk
I am thinking... it's almost time for dinner, showers and bedtime.
I am thankful... my hubby and I agree on most things and what we don't agree on, we will give each other a chance to express our opinions and respect that opinion. It was not so in years past for us, we have gotten more respectful of each other.
From the learning rooms... Science MEAP for E (he finished reading AND math last week!), and a field trip to the National Guard base on Friday. IEP meeting went well, found out some interesting info on his "grade level" equivalent for subjects. He's pretty much ahead for everything even being a grade ahead as it is! And he can write at a 30yr old adult's level! Crazy! Reward party for Alex's class this week and working on math enrichment. He's still doing great in 2nd grade and he's in the hardest spelling group getting 90% or better each week. He's also writing well!
In the kitchen... leftovers for dinner and dishes to wash.
I am wearing... purplish maternity/nursing shirt, maternity jeans and a black hoodie and tennis shoes.
I am creating... a plan for a small diaper party possibly at Thanksgiving time in Ohio. Hubby doesn't really want to have one, but I want to celebrate our babe with friends and family. He's still struggling on and off with the whole idea of another child.
I am going... nowhere for the rest of the night. Thank goodness. We've been out and about today and doing a lot around here.
I am wondering... what else I can do around the house for now.
I am reading... nothing new.
I am hoping... for a calm, not too busy week ahead.
I am looking forward to... bedtime for me ;-) Sleepy tonight. Actually also cuddling with my love!
I am hearing... Super Mario Brother's, I think, from the living room and the hubby in the garage.
Around the house... Laundry to fold, dishes to do. Got the bunk beds put together this afternoon and books on the boys' new bookcase. Hubby is working on their new-to-us go-kart. Found one today and we were able to get it as a very early Christmas gift for them.
I am praying... for an acquaintance and her hubby (I went to school with him but have only seen the two a few times over the years since) and their two sons and extended family. Not only is her dad fighting cancer, they just received an Autism diagnosis for their 2 1/2 yr old. I remember how hard those first weeks can be and wish we had had more support and people to turn to that understood where we were.
One of my favorite things... seeing my boys' faces light up over something they love!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Monday - going over to the rec center so the boys can take a swim test to see what swim lessons/group they should go in and hopefully sign them up for lessons. Grocery shopping in the morning. Tuesday - go buy a belt for the go-kart. Friday - drive E for the first of 5 field trips. The rest of the week, planning to continue moving around rooms/furniture.

No comments:
Post a Comment