blog background

Thursday, September 8, 2011

hmm...

Since our mini-van has been overheating constantly and saying "low coolant level" and yet the coolant level isn't low, my honey has been trying to fix it.
He changed the thermostat, it kind of helped.
He has added gallons of antifreeze.
It has an inconsistent leak.
Some days there is a puddle, some days there isn't.
It's nearly 12 years old.
We've had it since 2004.
It had 65-75K miles on it.
It has 160K miles now.
It has served us well, getting us from Maryland to Ohio for 3+yrs for family visits dozens of times.
It got us back and forth from school, work, etc.
It's gotten us on many trips from Michigan to Ohio in the last 2 years.
It's time to retire this poor van.

It's also time for this mama to have a safe, reliable vehicle that my poor honey doesn't have to work on constantly on his off hours. In the last couple of years, it's almost been a second part-time job just keeping it going for me.

Last night we went and looked at a Dodge Grand Caravan. (We have a Chevrolet Venture).
It's a 2008.
It's beautiful with tons of neat features but not the top of the line type thing.
It's in our price range.
We are currently haggling interest rates/payments with the dealer and our bank.
Our bank said one thing.
The dealer went lower by $50/mo!!
Called the bank and they just called me.
They can go lower on the interest and a few $ less now than the dealer.
Thinking of calling the dealer and saying, they can do such-and-such, What do you got?

I would like to drive our new van home tonight.
But I don't want to get screwed.
I don't want to pay more than we need to.
I also am NOT good at haggling.
That's not Jason's strong point either.
Although I think we are doing a decent job ;)

So here goes nothing. Can't call the hubby at work, he's at a meeting.
But I need to ask him what I should do next cause I'm just not sure?!?

Guess it'll have to wait till I pick my monkeys up from school. Time to go!

No comments: