Monday, April 19, 2010
Today was...
such a long afternoon and evening. Jason called when we were on our way home to say he'd be late, that he was stopping at Wal-Mart to exchange the bike he got yesterday and then storage to break the lock out of his small toolbox that we lost the key to. After a long but fun weekend and great week at school for E last week, it was a rough day. E had "word study" homework which was abc order once in print and once in cursive.tHe was struggling with it and getting very frustrated. Alex wanted play and was bothering both of us. I was trying to help E and make homemade nuggets and baked mac and cheese for dinner. Needless to say nothing was getting done. Jason got home and tried helping me out. He said he was waiting for a call from and why didn't I just call him? After listening to me rant and say I was "this close" to ordering pizza, he said to go ahead, he didn't mind. I ordered carryout for a change and willingly went to pick it up. I needed the few minutes alone to regain my composure. While the rest of the evening wasn't perfect, I felt more relaxed and able to handle the situations that arose. Have I told you all lately how much I love that man of mine? hmm, have I told him lately? I am going to get off of here and do just that. Night, all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw, how sweet!
Sometimes someone else doing the cooking can be so soul-soothing. :)
Sorry Ethan had a rough day. :( I hope tomorrow is much better for him.
I hear ya, too-sometimes just getting away by myself for a few minutes leaves me with a new perspective. Little things don't seem so big.
I wish I could give you breaks! I know how hard it is w/ family not around.
Post a Comment