I've been on Twitter quite a bit lately and now I've got my phone down pretty well. Its been getting better over the last couple of days around here. Back to the new diet in full force and thankfully after a not so healthy weekend and rough Monday, we have our proof its working/helping. All of us. Jas and I had a conversation (Sharon, yes, I talked to him about what we discussed earlier today. thanks again for listening and being so supportive to me. I can't thank you enough! Details, if you want next time we talk :) and I got a lot off my chest and let him know we need each others support. I also mentioned the diet and how I am thinking about changing to gluten-free and possibly casein-free at a later time if we see any more changes for the better.
I'm just glad there are so many more natural and organic choices locally than there were a year or two ago. It truly makes a difference and a lot of them are affordable.
I've been thinking also about friends, socialization, social skills, etc. Trying to think of ways to help and things to do. Wanting to find something that interests E that is a group activity or that he can share his interest with others. Also for Alex. He'll be five soon and he wants to try new things. I now he will want to play sports and things like that, but E is not a sports kid at all. He's more contemplative, reading and that type of thing. all though lately he has been asking to spend more time outside, especially since he's got the whole riding on two wheels thing down! Next big thing: learning to tie shoes.
Anyway, question for anybody out there still reading my blog ;) : any activity or class ideas for a 7 1/2 yo who happens to have an ASD and is getting ready for 4th grade? or for a precocious almost 5 yo, for that matter?
1 comment:
Are there any child-based art classes in your area?
Does your city offer summer rec programs?
Sorry for another question: how did E do w/ karate? I think that's so great for confidence and discipline. I really want to get my boys in it sooner than later.
Glad you & Jason touched base. :)
Post a Comment