blog background

Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan - week of Feb. 1, 2010

 

mpm5

Monday: Tacos (carried over from last week)

Tuesday: Breaded chicken patty sandwiches, oven-fried potatoes, and corn

Wednesday: Steak in gravy over wide egg noodles and green beans (carried over from last week)

Thursday: Easy Cheesy Dump and Go Chicken, rice, vegetable, and biscuits

Friday: Awesome Slow cooker Pot Roast, mashed potatoes and carrots

Saturday: Buffalo Bacon Ranch Chicken Pizza, Cheese Pizza (kids), salad, Breadsticks

Sunday: Baked potato soup, salad and breadsticks (adults), chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, fruit cup (kids)

Looking forward to trying the new recipes this week. There's actually 4 of them, Thursday-Sundays meals are all new recipes for us. I'll let you know what the family thinks, but I'm sure Jason and I at least will like them, and hopefully my picky boys continue to be a little more adventurous and try them. I'm planning the nuggets on Sunday for the boys because they've never liked soup before, so it's more of a back-up just in case. I probably won't bring it up till last minute. As for making them a cheese pizza on Saturday, not sure if they will like the other one since it may be spicy. Also I'm going to have to use Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup, instead of Cheddar Cheese soup in the Easy Cheesy Dump and Go Chicken, because Meijer was sold out :( Unless dh stops at the store on the way home for me one day this week or I make it out to the other one. Anybody know if the Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup is very spicy? or just a little? thanks.

Jason goes back on first shift this week, with the new company that he's going to be working for. Family dinner for a few months, hopefully. Really looking forward to that since it's been over a year and a half. First with him only being home on weekends and then once we got moved up here, he was still on 2nd shift. It's going to be quite a change around here.

For more menu plans go here.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Pat & I LOVE that Fiesta CHeese. It is a tad spicy. I'd use regular cheese for the boys & the fiesta for you & Jason. It is GOOD, though.

Yay to family dinners! I hope. :) Change takes time, I know.
Have a good one!

Unknown said...

I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you can. There's a giveaway going on. Glad you can have some family dinner time for awhile.

Leah said...

Your Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza looks delicious! I have to try it :)

Unknown said...

Leah, It does look yummy. I found it over at I am a money magnet dot com. Not sure though. I may have to change it up next time. We didnt really like how it turned out. Maybe season the chicken, and less hot sauce (or just a better brand, LOL).