blog background

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Warning: Before pics may be a little embarrassing



To ME!! But I need help staying accountable for my weight loss and workouts. I really need to lose some weight and get healthy for my boys. I am going to profile my weight loss and exercise routine on here, unless someone objects? in which case, I'm not sure I care. HA! Just kidding. I just hope posting these pictures and sharing my story will keep me motivated and I won't want to let you, my dear readers, or my family down. Kind of like the Biggest Loser contestants on the first episode this season, where they weighed in before their families and friends. Yeah, I'm doing that type of thing, just not on National TV. I don't have that kind of courage.




Here goes:



Ok. So first weigh-in.
Bathroom scale: 191.0
Wii Fit: 181.6
Not sure which is accurate? I was wearing the same clothing, and checked each one within minutes of each other.
Either way my goal is to reach 135 by the end of the year. Right now I am aiming for 169 in the next two months according to Wii Fit, so I guess that would be 179 for the bathroom scale? Regardless, that's approximately 12 lbs. So 6 lbs for by the end of February, and 6 more by the end of March.
I'm planning to weigh-in once a week, on Saturdays, starting this weekend.
My workout plan is to alternate between The Biggest Loser workout DVD's Cardio Max and Power Sculpt, starting with Level one of each, doing it 4 to 5 days a week (2-3 days with one and 2-3 days with the other, alternating days) and then in 2 to 3 weeks I will go to Level 2 of each and then on to Level 3 after a couple more weeks.
I'm thinking of posting pics every so often just so you all can see I'm actually doing it and not just saying I am, again more accountability on my part. Not sure yet, but there will definitely be an after pic at the end of the year (or maybe sooner?, let's hope).

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah, I need to lose a lot of weight, too... but there is NO WAY I am posting pictures, ha.
Good luck, I know you will succeed!

Sharon said...

YOU are brave & awesome for posting these. Seriously. I don't know that I'd have the courage, but it will such a fun journey to see how these pictures change as you stick with your plan.

Don't forget to take your measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn't show the change, but your measurements will.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about. You are taking a healthy step and vowing to make a change. That is honorable.

I'll do my part to hold you accountable. I look forward to the weekly posts w/ updates. :)
Good Luck! You can do it!

Andrea said...

Good luck Crystal! I know for myself, until I was ready to do it then I wasn't going to do it. I wish you the best and YOU CAN DO IT! I have to talk to myself while doing the Shred - "I can do it, I can do it". Sounds silly, but it helps me. You aren't going to die either, you'll feel better when it's over. I'm not much of an exercising type of person so I need to hear that for my own good. :)

Awesome posting pictures, I don't think I'd be brave enough either. I can't wait to hear how your progress is doing. Stay with it and you'll see results. Good luck.

PS. When I first started the Shred. I had to say hail mary's while doing it. LOL!!!

Sharon said...

I talk to myself, too. If I have a weight number in mind, I'll say that over & over.
Especially with the double jump ropes...I am ready to collapse, and my energy isn't there, so while I do it I'd say "130! 130!", or something like that. Keep the goal in mind for the end result. It does help.