This week, my nephew Jake was here visiting during his spring break. It was great to have him here. The boys enjoyed themselves and Jake was so patient with the younger 2 constantly "Jake" this and "Jake" that.
Some things we did this week:
- Ethan had an ok week at school.
- Last weekend we went to my sis-in-law's Confirmation (more on that later! pics and post)
- We made it to Mass on Sunday also, over at Sharon's parish, St. Joseph. I'm glad we did! It's a beautiful church.
- The weather has been kind of frustrating this week, cold, then rainy, then warm. However the boys did go out and play 3 of the days for about an hour each of them. Jake took Ethan out one day while Alex napped, Thursday we all went out, and yesterday, Ethan, Alex and I went out after Alex's nap and after Jake went to his dad's for the weekend.
- I cleaned off the shelves in the kitchen over the sink and moved my bells and shot glasses (from different places Jason and I have gone) to them. Also cleaned off the shelves and countertop by the stove. I found another place for the cutting boards, screens and sieve/strainer thingy. Then I put my little angel I've had since I was about Ethan's age to one of them, along with a statue of St. Joseph, a holy card/picture of Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary and a statue/holy water font of Blessed Virgin Mary with Baby Jesus there.
- I cleaned off the microwave, getting rid of some things, and putting other things where they belong.
- Moved the picture frames that still are pictureless along with some other things I want to hang up into the closet in the office for now. They were cluttering the living room floor up.
- Yesterday, we vacuumed, swept and swiffered the kitchen and bathroom floors, cleaned the bathroom countertops, sink and toilet, and put away clean laundry(FINALLY). Also I ran 2 loads of my laundry in the last two days.
Plans for this week:
- Re-rinse laundry w/ fabric softener today, and then hang dry my clothes!! Very Important!
- Finish folding other clean clothes and put them away.
- Ethan doesn't have school Monday so we MAY go to the zoo since it's free Monday before 10 for county residents.
- Wash Ethan's uniforms and gym clothes by Monday for school this week.
- Today is my bro-in-law Desi's bday, so we are going to my sister Linda's house to celebrate with cake and ice cream before she heads to work.
- Tomorrow we are going to Mass at 9:30.
- We are also getting Jake back at 2:30 and driving to meet my sis Heather to drop him off and also eat dinner together at Bob Evans.
- Planning to declutter/organize the living room this week, mostly the table by the couch. It's full of magazines and other stuff.
- Jason gets home Friday night!!! YAY!!! His flight is scheduled to get in at 10:15pm, and we live 15 minutes from the airport. Planning to have someone come over and sit with the boys (they will be asleep hopefully), while I drive to go get him. So glad he's only gonna be gone a few more days. The time did go by fast though.
- Saturday, I'm hoping to go out with some friends to celebrate my bday (my sisters Linda and Heather, my sis-in-law Jen(16wks!!! and starting to show! YAY!!!), my friends Amanda, Sharon, and possibly Darla, Jill and Allison, if I can get a hold of them all and figure out where to go.) Thinking maybe dinner at a certain Mexican restaurant, good food, inexpensive, and they have a patio w/karaoke. Then maybe go somewhere else after?
Now I am going to go hop in the shower after I make the boys lunch. Then we are heading to the store to get Desi a gift for his bday. After that, we are heading over there around 2:30 for cake.
2 comments:
Yay! I'm sure you're looking forward to Jason's resturn. (that sounded kinda Friday the 13th-ish;)
And wow to the cleaning! Busy lady.
I'm so glad you liked our church. Come again-or with us-sometime!
Mentally I am not thinking it's already the end of March at all. Wow! Fast.
Thanks for checking out my blog. I look forward to reading yours on a regular basis. It will be great having your hubby home. That's wonderful. It seems like you are into cleaning this week. I need to take some of you advice and get started at my house!
Amanda
Post a Comment