blog background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Interview time!

Here's how it works:
1.Leave me a comment saying "Interview me"
2.I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.
3.You update your blog with the answers to your questions.
4.You include this explanation and an offer to interview others.
5.When you receive the comment from another, you will send them 5 questions.

Thanks for the awesome questions, Cassie.

1. If you were not a stay-at-home mom, what would you be? What other career would you choose?

To be honest, its somewhat of a tie. I love history and I've always had a desire to be an archaeologist. Yesterday we took our boys to the art museum and when we got to the Egyptian and Roman artifacts section, I had those same exciting feelings I had as a kid. How great would it be to find something that someone so long ago had owned or used in their lifetime? I also think I would like to be a writer. I always have these little story ideas and just never put them down on paper. I was always writing stories when I was a kid. Even though I went to college for a year, I never picked a major because at the time I didn't have a clue what I really wanted to do. I'm glad though, because, for now at least, I am doing what I want to do (most days, LOL).

Although, on the other hand, I would like to own a little pizza restaurant with a wood-fire oven. And on the side, interview people on camera to tell their personal stories. Not like a journalist, but... well here's an example: I'd like to interview my grandmother about her life, her marriage, her family, etc and all my aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, and sisters, and make a family history documentary. I'd like to do that for others too, or even for different time periods or events, like Korean War vets to share their lives with us and younger generations. These two things are definitely something more likely to happen, even having a family, where, for me at least, the other two won't happen in my wildest dreams. And you know what? That's ok with me.


2. Here's a classic, but I'd really like to know: You're walking along the beach and a genie in a bottle washes up at your feet. What are your three wishes?

Ooh. My first wish would probably be for Jason to find a good job in the city we live in so we wouldn't have to move again (except maybe to a different neighborhood, but not a different state!)

Second wish would be for Jason to change his mind about having another baby.

Third wish would be for my sisters Linda and Heather, my brothers-in-law Desi and Jeff, and my sisters-in-law Jorie, Jenny, and Madison, to all be happy and have a fulfilling life and the same for my parents and inlaws.


3. Which TV show, doesn't matter if it's current or not, would you choose to live inside of for a week?

Little House on the Prairie. I know, corny, huh? I loved the show when I was growing up and I think it would be interesting to live in that time period, even just for a week.


4. If, God forbid, your house caught on fire, what item would you save first? (assume your children are already out)

I'm going to also assume my dog made it out already too. I would grab the boxes of pictures we have.


5. What do you hope your children remember most from their childhood?

I hope they remember all the fun times, like when daddy takes them outside to play and the times mommy actually joins them. I hope they remember the times when there is more laughter than yelling, and I hope they remember how much love there is in this home and that they will always be loved this much.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Fun, Crystal!
And oh my gosh, Pat & I joke about opening a pizza place. Let's do it! PARTNER!!! lol

I'd love for Jason to be able to work here, too. I want you guys in Ohio!

I'm glad you posted. I miss you blogging!

CJ Sweet said...

Hi Crystal! So sorry it's taken me so long to get out here and read this. We have had the flu and just a bunch of other things going on. You know what's funny? When I started college my major was anthropology/archaeology. When I was growing up I was sooo fascinated with Ancient Greece and Rome, Egypt a little too. I even got to go on some digs in the Carribean. Even more coincidental is that when I changed my major, I changed it to English Lit. with a minor in Ancient History so that I could write instead! We have so much in common!! In the end of course I barely have time to blog much less write a book, but maybe some day! Thanks for taking the time to answer questions. It was fun learning more about you! :-)