I woke up in an okay mood, but every little thing has been getting on my nerves. Comes with the territory right now, since its that time, if you get my drift.
So just about 20 minutes ago, I was going to shower and use the bathroom and I walk over there to find Alex standing in the kitchen and Ethan washing his hands. No big deal, right?
Yeah, until I looked down and saw water flowing out of our only toilet.
And our floor has a slight slope so the water wasn't just puddling, it was flowing straight to the kitchen!
I acted as quick as I could and pulled the top off and pulled the float up and over the lip at an angle. This ended up not being such a hot idea, but I wasn't exactly thinking straight, since I was totally seeing red at the moment. Then I remembered the water valve behind the toilet, and shut the water off. No biggie there. So then I started to put the float back in and the cheap little plastic piece that holds it all together busted! And so now even after I eventually get the toilet unplugged, we still have to use my inlaws toilet till its fixed. Across the street. After an ice and snow storm. And more snow is falling.
Also we have no plunger! Didn't ever buy one. At the moment, I'm not really sure why...
And last but not least, my mom will be here in about 2 hours to pick up the boys for the weekend, Jason will be home shortly after and we are supposed to head to Cleveland (2+ hr drive, at night in the snow!!) right after he gets home to the hotel I already paid for for the whole weekend. We won't be back till around 8:30-9pm Sunday night and he's got laundry to do for work because he has to leave at 4am Monday morning.
No idea when he's gonna have time to fix it, my FIL isn't home and I don't have a clue how to fix the darn thing. I just want to cry! Things have to go a little smoother for the rest of this weekend, right??
Bad enough we got this storm and our van is covered with an inch of ice so I really don't feel like going out with kids anyway, and now we may have to.
4 comments:
I'm e-mailing you.
dang it! I didn't know Pat was signed in. Sorry! PB was me. ;)
That stinks.. I hope things start looking up for you. =)
I hope your weekend turned out to be a good one! Plumbing difficulties stink!
Post a Comment