blog background

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jason's birthday present

I decided to give him his present a week earlier than planned. I was just too excited to keep it a surprise for any longer.

We did a treasure hunt. His first clue said "Sweet Dreams" which led him to his pillow, where the hotel and restaurant information for Friday and Saturday was at. The clue in there said "How will we get there?" and he went to the truck where it had a map of Cleveland stadium and a clue stating "Where do you usually watch the Browns?" This was supposed to be the final clue and led him to the TV, where instead of his gift he found a DVD about the history of the Cleveland Browns and a note stating: "Yes we are going to Cleveland for the weekend but do you really think I bought tickets to a game? HA! Well since this was supposed to be your gift and I didn't just get you a DVD, use the key to unlock the real gift." Our little safe has a key lock or keycode entry. Well of course this had him thinking. He couldn't not figure out what in the world I have planned! I was video taping him the whole time but as he was trying to unlock the safe the DVD ended in our camera!!

Anyway, so he finally got the thing opened and pulls out an envelope with our hotel reservations, 2 gift certificates for $25 each for the restaurants and another envelope. And what was inside that you ask?? Well scroll down and see for yourself.

 

 

 

august-december2008 096

That's right! I DID get him and I tickets to the game! Sunday, December 21st at 1pm. Great seats to boot. The Browns are Jason's favorite NFL team, and I managed to get us seats on the Browns 40 yard line, section 135, ROW 7!!!!! He's never been to Cleveland stadium and I've never been to a pro football game (or any football game except my old high school!). If you happen to watch the game that week, look for us behind the Browns. I hope to have a sign that says Hi to my babies.

3 comments:

heidi @ ggip said...

What a wonderful gift and a very creative way to give it!

Cleveland is a HARD team to route for. It doesn't matter which sport. They looked pretty good this year and I hope they haven't given up.

Have fun and hope you don't freeze!

heidi @ ggip said...

I should have said "root for" instead of "route for." lol

Sharon said...

Awesome gift!!! Happy Birthday to Jason. :)