blog background

Monday, September 22, 2008

Watch this babies and gentleman!

So yeah, here's some funny things Alex has said and done over the last couple of days. Seriously need a tape recorder or video camera on the kid at all times.

Yesterday he stands there, legs apart, shaking his boot-ay and says "Watch this babies and gentleman" then runs and dive-bombs head first into the couch, cracks up laughing and proceeds to do it over and over for about 10 minutes, making me, daddy and Ethan bust up the whole time, and also tells me to get the camera and tape him! Of course no DVD's left though :(

Today we were getting ready to go across the street for a bit to say hi, check on Maddy who stayed home sick today and to visit. Before we left, I had to use the bathroom. Enter Alex:

Alex: The good news is when its raining you can jump in puddles. And you can wear a hat to keep the rain out of your eyes.

Me: And what's the bad news?

Alex: The bad news is you're pooping!

Yeah, nice kiddo! Just glad we were at home and NOT at a public restroom where he usually announces my personal business, LOL.

A few minutes later he says:
"I wake up at 7 early!"

you know, as opposed to 7 late or maybe 7 thirty?

Ethan is doing good too for the most part. He wants to go ahead in his math workbook, doing the things his class hasn't learned yet and he wrote in his desk with his pencil again today but no huge meltdowns according to the teacher, just a couple of small temper tantrums.

I think the other kids are seeing that he's "different" and I'm not sure what to do to help him not feel left out or whatever. He's such an awesome kid and he's so sweet and funny, and he loves being around other kids so much, they are all his friends according to him.

Oh a quick update on the colds. Alex is sick now, but I took him into the Dr and it's a virus that has to run its course. At least his nose isn't so stuffy anymore, just runny. It was both! I went to the Dr today too, first thing this morning and found out I have bronchitis, yet again! Got an antibiotic and should be good to go by this weekend! Ethan has gotten pretty lucky so far, he's coughed maybe 10 times in the last week, and not really a stuffy nose or anything. Truly awesome, cause he gets really whiny especially if I have to give him med's to feel better since EVERYTHING for colds has flavors or colors in it.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

OK, Alex=hilarious! Ladies & Babies...love it. ;)

Bronchitis, ick. I'm sorry. I've got a decent cold, but maybe a little more. I think I've had a fever on and off. it stinks. I maintain that moms shouldn't be allowed to get sick.

Hopefully Ethan avoids what you and Alex have!

We miss you guys!

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

wow...I hope you feel better soon!
Don't you just love the quotes!??! I should have been taping all these years, lol...I plan to post more in my Blog when I get the chance ~ a great way to further embarrass the family ;)
Dd Julia thinks I don't do that enough, lol...but at least when I read yours, I know that I am not alone!